Planning another OFF get together and need your help!

D
DirectDrive
pinstriper said:
Yikes where is that ? Do not want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a Snake Whisperer.
They tend to follow me around.
(not really, I just like to monkey with them)

Wish I had a pic of that bull snake that I picked up.
It wrapped all the way up my forearm.
Apparently they are constrictors.
Kinda creepy.
Cold sweat, creepy.

:yikes:

B
BaldTexan
In the south there were a lot of snakes. My mother was never amused or impressed with any of the snakes I brought home. When fishing, camping, hiking...They would typically shoo away. If they didn't, and they appeared that they might possibly be venomous, off with their heads, then identify make and model. :)

I have been to the Crane Prairie/Wickiup area several times and have yet to even see a grass snake.

T
troutmasta
Snakes are not on the top of my scares me list in Oregon-

Its...

Cougars (both species)
Drunk Drivers
Hippies....

In that order.

B
BaldTexan
Hippies? Yikes!!! Lol. You're on the wrong coast! I think you can get a cougar license at any local bar. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D
DirectDrive
troutmasta said:

Its...

Cougars (both species)
Drunk Drivers
Hippies....

In that order.
Yeah, most snakes are not that fast and they don't want to be around us at all.
But it's instinct for humans to fear the serpent.

Big cats will stalk us.
That would peg my fear meter.

A drunk driver could definitely ruin your day.

Hippies, they're all up in years now and not very dangerous.

Last edited:
D
DrTheopolis
Have you seen Chez' pic?

Have a little sensitivity.

J
JeannaJigs
DrTheopolis said:
Have you seen Chez' pic?

Have a little sensitivity.
I lol'd and then I realized I'm the one with dreads...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
JeannaJigs said:
I lol'd and then I realized I'm the one with dreads...

:thumb: :D :lol: :lol:

W
wils
CP has a fairly healthy LMB population for those so inclined. There are LEGAL camping areas around the lake. From fully developed @ the marina to "outhouse developed" @ Quinn. The ramp @ Quinn is easy-peasy.
I would suggest/recommend a weekend by early June. There are also a handful of lakes and streams in the immediate area worth visiting/site-seeing/fishing as long as youre there.

J
JeannaJigs
I for one am not inclined to camp in undeveloped areas for a number of reasons, Quinn is a good campground and has good access, as does rock creek or whatever it's called.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
JeannaJigs said:
I for one am not inclined to camp in undeveloped areas for a number of reasons, Quinn is a good campground and has good access, as does rock creek or whatever it's called.

I agree with you, Jeanna. I prefer the developed sites, myself. I just figured I would toss the idea of undeveloped areas out there for consideration.

B
BaldTexan
JeannaJigs said:

Quinn is a decent campground, decent ramp and parking(no dock though), and very close proximity to awesome fishing by boat, canoe, kayak, or pontoon. Also the fish aren't finicky. Large brookies, large rainbows, and large kokanee. Whatever your preference, whether it be fly fishing, spinner fishing (beware - a lot of lay downs and flooded timber snags), bobber and bait, or even plunking power bait, they will bite. There is a resort on the east side of the lake for those that would like to stay in a cabin or a yurt. There are also pretty nice cabins and yurts available about a 15 minute drive from Quinn up the Cascade highway at Elk lake. Myself, as far as camping goes, all I really need is a place to park my truck :)

P
pinstriper
Raincatcher said:
I agree with you, Jeanna. I prefer the developed sites, myself. I just figured I would toss the idea of undeveloped areas out there for consideration.

So. Me and Mrs. P are quite interested. But we gotta coupla prollems.

1. We both have kayaks. But we're not rigged to kayak for fishing whilst leaving the dogs at the campground.

2. We got a RV. Trailer. That's what keeps us from bringing the kayaks.

4. She doesn't fish. I mean, she likes fish. She likes the IDEA of fishing. But she lets me do the fishing, so long as she isn't left behind. That means when we go camping, I don't fish, and I definitely don't kayak fish when RV camping.

4. So, she could be left behind with the dogs, while I go fishing with the fun kids, particularly if they have a boat that they'll let me on. But I'll hear about it later because she was left behind. Alone. With the dogs.

5. If there was bank fishing nearby the camping, she'd be happy to have me fish there, and maybe come visit with the dogs along the way.

6. But if the fishing is no-bank, only boat, that doesn't work.

7. Or if there were others hanging out around the campgrounds keeping each other company.

8. But if there are snakes around, she'll freak. And the dogs are stupid and will get bit. So...

9. We're new at fishing. And RVing. And camping. So if this is not at a developed campground, that means boondocking, or dry camping, in the parlance of our times. We've never done that, but I think we could swing 3 days living off the fresh water tank, batteries, and propane. But developed campsites are more our thing you know ?

So in summation I would vote for developed campsites at a lake with bank fishing in walking distance from the campsite and NO SNAKES.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
troutmasta said:

Its...

Cougars (both species)
Drunk Drivers
Hippies....

In that order.

I'm just glad the list doesn't include 'long-haired hippies'....

W
wils
NOTE: Every lake has bank/shore fishing. ;)

T
twout
pinstriper said:
9. We're new at fishing. And RVing. And camping. So if this is not at a developed campground, that means boondocking, or dry camping, in the parlance of our times. We've never done that, but I think we could swing 3 days living off the fresh water tank, batteries, and propane. But developed campsites are more our thing you know ?

So in summation I would vote for developed campsites at a lake with bank fishing in walking distance from the campsite and NO SNAKES.

FYI, a developed campground and a Full hook up campground are different from each other.

P
pinstriper
I would be happy with water and electric, no sewer. And more or less level. With a fire ring. And preferrably a pickinick table.

T
TimberTodd
pinstriper said:
And preferrably a pickinick table.

What about the basket Yogi:)

Casting Call
Casting Call
A month or so ago before the rains came I was feeling poorly so I went to the doctors. As I sat there feeling bluesy. Thinking has my body and mind given up, has old age started in? Then the doctor steps in and I say "doctor,doctor what can I do? the doctor says to me" Well some of you know the rest of the song. He checks my vitals including my crediy cards. The doctor says to me,you have symtons of a early child I-Pad and annual adult blues to me. It's called" Nature Deficit Disorder" I will perscribe that you grab your credit cards and fishing pole and take your doctor with you to the nearest beach, get two rooms near the water and resturants. Then go catch some "sammy perch"(sorry PK) Tony

Casting Call
Casting Call
Today it's called NatureDeficit Disorder. In the day it was called "Cabin Fever". We all get it now and then. Tony

Last edited: