Oregon fires

bass
bass
Reactions: OliverW, Fred and troutdude
brandon4455
brandon4455
The McKenzie fire has also caused much damage, the leaburg hatchery had to release all fish into the river and evacuate.
The echo mountain fire has headed west and begin heading south in Lincoln city and has prompted level 3 evacuations, stay safe and stay healthy! And stay inside. Air quality in most of the valley is considered hazardous right now

• Wow
Reactions: troutdude
F
Fred
There's a fire on a hill near where I live I could see the fire trucks light flashing up there at night.

Admin
Admin
damn...

Admin
Admin
that's really bad...

how come the fire started in so many places?

brandon4455
brandon4455
Admin said:
how come the fire started in so many places?
The conditions are extremely dry and windy, though the wind has begun to die down. The humidity is very very low so it’s easy, one small spark is all it takes. On the other side, there have been people caught trying to start fires and people seen on video starting fires on i5, I was listening on my scanner yesterday about a black Mini Cooper that lit multiple fires on i5 north near tangent. So not only mother nature, arson and domestic terrorism are playing a role here as well.

hobster
hobster
troutdude said:
HISTORIC WIND EVENT TO HIT PACIFIC NORTHWEST MONDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY. THIS TYPE EVENT OCCURS "2 TO 4 TIMES" IN A 100 YEAR PERIOD

WINDS MORE TYPICALLY ASSOCIATED WITH WINTER STORM SYSTEMS WILL BE SEEN. THESE WINDS ARE LIKELY TO REACH ABOVE 50 MILES AN HOUR IN THE SOUTHERN OREGON CASCADES, AND ABOVE 70 MILES AN HOUR FOR THE CENTRAL AND NORTHERN OREGON CASCADES.

RARE TO SEE IN SEPTEMBER HIGH WIND WARNINGS AND WATCHES HAVE BEEN ISSUED FOR NORTHERN AND EASTERN OREGON.

UNPRECEDENTED ISSUANCE OF RED FLAG WARNINGS FOR ALL AREAS WEST OF THE CASCADES FROM NORTHERN CALIFORNIA TO THE CANADIAN BORDER.

For more information: https://www.weather.gov/pqr/?fbclid=IwAR196qwJ_F1Vl9ORixGelYCG9tx3wEQu9cKkuyT8vZwLp_3ZeOI8oCIS9lo
This is exactly why the fires started in so many places. Winds in the Eugene-Springfield area were insane that evening and the smoke soon followed thereafter. Fire and 50 mile an hour winds don’t go well together, plus low humidity and a drought are a recipe for disaster

Admin
Admin
I hope that you guys are all safe there.

Reactions: Chromatose, troutdude and hobster
troutdude
troutdude
@Admin I know that Raincatcher is okay!!! She posted that she is safe on Facebook!!! YAY!!!

And some other friends of mine who were at Detroit for the holiday weekend; got out of there just in time too!

Reactions: hobster and Admin
troutdude
troutdude
hobster said:
This is exactly why the fires started in so many places. Winds in the Eugene-Springfield area were insane that evening and the smoke soon followed thereafter. Fire and 50 mile an hour winds don’t go well together, plus low humidity and a drought are a recipe for disaster
Humidity was as low as THIRTEEN percent in many areas! I've NEVER seen it that low in my 60 years here in Western Oregon.

Snake River
Snake River
69B0A8BF-9AE2-49CA-B691-FB5A734CBEAA.jpeg

Reactions: Admin
Snake River
Snake River
The above picture is in Richland Oregon the powder river on the snake river the smoke is really bad here hard to breathe because of the Woodhead fire right directly across from us we are advising everybody to stay home and stay away from here for the time being until the smoke clears out

Admin
Admin
First, @troutdude posted a warning about extremely high temperatures. Then a warning about extremely strong wind...
Dude, urgently post a warning about a lot of rain.

troutdude
troutdude
@Admin no freakin' sheet huh? <pun intended...we need a little humor around here right now>

hobster
hobster
Took these from my backyard today. Air quality at 480 now in Eugene. Nice layer of ashes everywhere.
On the bright side next week is supposed to be mid 70’s and a 40% chance of rain. So there ya go @Admin

8F543606-D60A-4110-935A-7052EE875274.jpeg
EDF8770A-C73C-44D1-8959-0232384A73F4.jpeg
BF0756D1-D702-4247-B0DC-40C8028E6CC3.jpeg

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
hobster said:
Took these from my backyard today. Air quality at 480 now in Eugene. Nice layer of ashes everywhere.
On the bright side next week is supposed to be mid 70’s and a 40% chance of rain. So there ya go @Admin
We need some rain. Thankful the winds have died down. Be safe Eric.

hobster
hobster
Hooked Up said:
We need some rain. Thankful the winds have died down. Be safe Eric.
Desperately need rain! Seems like we say that every year these days. Thanks Hans, you be safe also, as well as all you other forumers!

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Didn't go outside yesterday because AQI peaked at 566 but these are from the day before.

troutdude
troutdude
This is all slightly reminiscient of my trip through The Dalles, Hood River, and then up and through Yakima, Moses Lake, Spokane, and into Priest River Idaho. The day after St. Helens popped her cork. Except the falling ash "pieces" were far larger, and there was a LOT more of it. With drifts 3-4' high on the sides of the roads. However this event has impacted, sadly, many more people. And much of this impact could have been avoided with a proactive approach to suppression. But I'm going to stop right there, if you catch my drift.

Reactions: wils