Operation: Structure

H
Hendo30
great thread, sounds like you are haveing fun getting thinks all set up. Thats what its all about...Spring is right around the corner.

F
Finneus Polebender
Should be fun , gonna go hunt down some bigger branches to build piles with tomorrow. Got my good luck charm "grandson James " in from Idaho so with his help / imagination I am sure we are going to end up with some interesting structures by the end of the weekend. Will take some pics of the progress , kinda get stuff ready this weekend then sink stuff next!

F
Finneus Polebender
Kevinb5688 said:
Alright, i will let you in on my secret. I am an electrician, and we get a lot of wooden spools of all sizes. ( i have one in the back of my truck now that is 5 feet around).
I sank 10 of those in a gravel pond i fish. 5 with no add ons and 5 with x-mas trees or stick piles cemented in the center. Out of everything i have tried these by far hold more fish than any other structure. I am getting a trailer to haul two 10 foot around by 4 feet high spools for this springs fishing. Go to any graybar or platt and they are more than happy to give you all of there spools. I went to graybar in eugene today and they had 20 or more spools of all different sizes. Very easy to sink in the water without cement too.

Would grab a few spools if they were to be available, will hit them up for some thanks again for the idea.

F
Finneus Polebender
Well had some family in so off to a slow start but my grandson James finished his brush pile creation so without further ado team polebender is proud to present the JM 2000 bassomatic. It is ready for launch, Just gotta get a bunch more built and we will have a sinking party.... Daves cam 12-11 to 2-21-12 160.jpgDaves cam 12-11 to 2-21-12 161.jpg

H
Hendo30
Sweet Deal, thanks for the update, I was wondering how it was going this past weekend.....as I was sitting up north going through my winter Bass withdraws.

H
hunt-fish-trap
I think the car idea is fantastic! in the midwest there is a river that is lined with cars and the catfish and bass love it. Kinda like when they sink boats off the coast for imitation reefs. the only problem with is they did it in the late 80s early 90s and the cars they used were chevelles mustangs novas camaros you know all the good stuff

F
Finneus Polebender
Only fear there is this is a pond with only winter flood transfer of water. So any pollutants from the vehicles would likely stay in the pond where as a river would eventually wash them clean. That and the owner said I can put structure in , and stock them , pretty sure he would not like the idea of rolling cars in there though. I have seen noodlers who actually risk hand fishing car piles very dangerous!