Opening Day @ Leaburg

M
mikeredding
Put my boat in at Leaburg today. Wasn't a very pleasant experience. There were cars parked all around the boat ramp area and one very inconsiderate person that parked his truck and boat trailer right in front of the ramp.:mad: Made it pretty hard to get in and out.:(

3 people bank fishing were being jerks and casting into my boat. I was just as far from the bank as the rest of the boats.:naughty: I think they were just P.O.'d that I was hooking fish in front of them. I felt like cutting their lines but I did the right thing and pulled up anchor and moved.

Did manage to catch 2 fish before my spool fell of into the lake.:( Was able to pull up the line and recover it but was done for the day as I didn't bring a back up rod for once.:( Oh well, better than being at home!:D

Troutski
Troutski
Opening Weekend...

Opening Weekend...

mikeredding said:
Put my boat in at Leaburg today. Wasn't a very pleasant experience. There were cars parked all around the boat ramp area and one very inconsiderate person that parked his truck and boat trailer right in front of the ramp.:mad: Made it pretty hard to get in and out.:(

3 people bank fishing were being jerks and casting into my boat. I was just as far from the bank as the rest of the boats.:naughty: I think they were just P.O.'d that I was hooking fish in front of them. I felt like cutting their lines but I did the right thing and pulled up anchor and moved.

Did manage to catch 2 fish before my spool fell of into the lake.:( Was able to pull up the line and recover it but was done for the day as I didn't bring a back up rod for once.:( Oh well, better than being at home!:D

Thats the fun about Opening Weekend...Feel the love. Wait a few weeks and hit it again, this time take you boat up across from Harry's hole at the confluence and anchor on the north side, cast lures to the south shore line and run them deep..drift down a few yards and do the same thing...and so on, and so on.. It will pay off in huge dividends.

Chuck

M
mikeredding
Troutski said:
Thats the fun about Opening Weekend...Feel the love. Wait a few weeks and hit it again, this time take you boat up across from Harry's hole at the confluence and anchor on the north side, cast lures to the south shore line and run them deep..drift down a few yards and do the same thing...and so on, and so on.. It will pay off in huge dividends.

Chuck

I wasn't even going to go up to Leaburg because I figured it would be a rat race but couldn't handle sitting home on opening day.

I was working my way upstream when I lost my spool and got cut short.
Next time.

G
grampa ron
Leaburg Opener

Leaburg Opener

It funny that people make a big deal out off Leaburg opening. It's open all year.

M
mikeredding
grampa ron said:
It funny that people make a big deal out off Leaburg opening. It's open all year.

Yes but it is catch and release during the off season.

O
Outdrsmn
And flies and lures only. It is also not stocked until the week before.

J
JeannaJigs
Haha my parents took what used to be MY boat out to leaburg the same day. They said it was absolute hell, there was a guy that pulled out his boat and blocked the ramp for 20 minutes lashing it down and putting away his gear, before pulling out of the way, and I guess some bankers were fishing off that little platform thing at the boatramp and were casting over my parentals, at one point getting their line wrapped up in the prop, and getting hostile. At least you caught fish, they came home empty handed. I'm so glad I avoided that rat race, I hate that place, but I can almost always catch fish in there, so when all else fails...there's leaburg. USUALLY. apparantly this year that's not the case. I must say I do like going to the upper end, launching my 'toon up across from Ike's.