Oh crap...now it'll be more crowded than ever!!!

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks to this contest (and ODFW), Hagg will be swarming now w/ Bass fishermen/women!

ODFW News

How many of you OFF'ers, feel like this was a wise move on ODFW's part?

C
colbypearson
sure its gonna be a zoo but thats pretty cool! i wouldnt mind wetting a line and bringing up a million bucks!

E
eat, sleep, fish
I wish it was closer, as I'm sure Colby does too.

C
colbypearson
eat said:
I wish it was closer, as I'm sure Colby does too.

you betcha haha

G
GDBrown
I guess I'll only be going in the middle of the week when the weather is terrible so I don't have to fight the crowds. I've never fished for Bass on purpose maybe this is a good reason to start. At least for a few weeks.... Right after I catch that Springers..... Ya , Right!

C
cookshot
That place has always been a zoo on the weekends. I say why wouldn't it be a good move. Maybe they will have good participation and stock a few more Oregon lakes next year. I never fish that place on the weekends to start out with because of the crowding. I can tell you that I was out there yesterday and saw only about 15 people.

Gunga
Gunga
I was out there Tuesday as well and i have to agree with cookshot. The week days is where its at. not many people and plenty of room for bankies. Especially for me i travel the banks all the time looking for fish. But hopefully not for long. my uncle gave me his little 7 foot dingy. i need to redo the transom and put in a seat. do a little fiberglassing but thats it. Only gonna cost me 30 bucks. But i might get a small electric motor and put it on it.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Was out yesterday. It was a zoo. There were at least 40 boats out there, probably more. TONs of bank anglers. And not only that - it must've been Senior Skip Day, we had a huge group of kids show up shortly after we got there and they started screaming, hooting, blasting music, and generally making asses of themselves and annoying all the anglers out there. One idiot even went so far as to swim through people's fishing lines. I spent most of the time out there in the canoe. Did not get so much as a bump. Water was cold, but the weather was great. Only saw dead fish - bunch of dead perch, and a dead trout. Saw a small group of guys who had 3 trout on a stringer, those were the only people I talked to that actually caught anything.

N
NoobTooner
we gotta find some way to keep colby away or we'll never have a chance!!! aaaaaahah.. jk colby.. good luck dude. (but that baby's mine!)

C
colbypearson
NoobTooner said:
we gotta find some way to keep colby away or we'll never have a chance!!! aaaaaahah.. jk colby.. good luck dude. (but that baby's mine!)

too far of a drive for me lol shes all yours!

Gunga
Gunga
NoobTooner said:

no no no no no no no. That fishy or fishies are mine. :lol:

troutdude
troutdude
GungasUncle said:
One idiot even went so far as to swim through people's fishing lines.

And he wasn't FLOSSED between the legs? I guess you missed an opportunity of a lifetime there! That's exactly where my hook would've wound up, if he swam across my line!

He would have been an SOB...

Short Of Breath! LOL