Not chrome, but who cares?

S
SmallStreams
Never thought I'd catch a 35" hatchery steelhead... that dream was completed on Saturday. And then I caught a similar-sized native on Sunday (today... sorry, no pic) that turned my panther martin hook from U-shaped to L-shaped.

As someone else said, gotta love using spinners in small coastal streams!

• Feb_2_2013_steelhead.jpg
  • hook_after_fish_Feb_3_2013.jpg
Last edited:
Reactions: n8r1
J
JeannaJigs
nice job gettin' it done

S
Scott M
Lucky!! Nice Fish!!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
that lure looks great! I have a small framed cork board that I 'retire' lures like that to so they can hang out....

J
jabs67
Sweet!!!!!! :cool:

C_Run
C_Run
Nice. I might have to bust out the panther Martins next trip.

R
rippin fish lips
Way to get it done! Spinners are addicting.

bass
bass
That is a nice fish. I love the photo of the brave warrior that gave its all as well :)

S
SmallStreams
Decided I was bothered enough about the hook quality that I wrote a polite letter to staff@panthermartin.com explaining why, as of today, I won't be using their product and what improvements would bring me back as a customer.

Now then, off to find a supplier of inline spinner blades in that size to make myself a few...

T
Thuggin4Life
Maybe I'm just drunk. And i know i need glasses. But that looks a lot like a big ol brooder trout that end up getting stocked in nasty lil ponds across the state for the kids and the elderly and the handicapped. Oh wait i ment for the you know who they are and the other monkeys. lol jk or am i? but seriously maybe i am wrong but i just can't shake the fealing that that is just a brooder and something isn't right here. And i consider myself an expert on the nasty pelletheads that i wouldn't feed my dog that some people can't seem to get enough of and im not talking about all hatchery fish just the undesireables and that kinda ressembles one of then pond trout. sorry hope you prove me wrong and either way thats a good sized fish good job!

Last edited:
Reactions: JeannaJigs
J
JeannaJigs
oh my god LOL im going to die

T
Thuggin4Life
lmao man i miss this place

O
OnTheFly
Way to rip! Good to have you back Andy!

R