Northwest Fly Tier & Fly Fishing Expo

F
flyguy
Anyone plan on attending the Northwest Fly Tyer & Fly Fishing Expo in Albany on March 9th and 10th? It is at the Linn County Expo Center. I was thinking about driving down to check it out and meet people...

If you've attended in the past, can you let us know what to expect? Any attendee reviews would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Philip

L
Lamzy
I have not attended in the past but am looking forward to attending this year.
Kilted Bob

B
bigsteel
its a good show,there are a lot of fly tyers there you can watch and ask questions,i enjoy that part of the show the most.then they have some vendors selling rods,boats,reels,flies,a lot of them have good discounts as well.and they have casting demonstrations which is really neat to watch.also they have raffles and drawings for beutiful flies.

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks for the heads up. I had not heard about the show yet. I'll probably go check it out.

Chromatose
Chromatose
bigsteel said:
its a good show,there are a lot of fly tyers there you can watch and ask questions,i enjoy that part of the show the most.then they have some vendors selling rods,boats,reels,flies,a lot of them have good discounts as well.and they have casting demonstrations which is really neat to watch.also they have raffles and drawings for beutiful flies.

X2
Plus the on the last day the deals get better.

V
Van
I'm going. Hopefully Dave Scadden will be there with his boats on sale...

L
lilsalmon
I will be there. Some of our guide friends are there also....Brian Silvey will be there I am sure and Rodger Carbone also.....can't wait. I better not take any money.

Reactions: bigsteel
brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
I will be there. Some of our guide friends are there also....Brian Silvey will be there I am sure and Rodger Carbone also.....can't wait. I better not take any money.

:lol: that has to be the #1 rule. NEVER bring money to any shows/expos

L
lilsalmon
I'm afraid Mitch is going to be there with a very nice Echo......hmmmmm

troutdude
troutdude
Better leave your debit and credit cards @ home too! ha ha ha

troutdude
troutdude
Borden Special

Borden Special

Oh, and if any of you want to chase some Sea Run Cutts later this year...

Ask Mitch, from Two Rivers Fly Shop, to demo the Borden Special.

F
FishFiddle
It is a great show and lots of classes that are filling up fast. I enjoyed several classes the last couple years and just rubbing elbows with some of the great tyers. In years past there have been some great deals on close-out tying materials. It gets hard for me to leave the place.

brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
I'm afraid Mitch is going to be there with a very nice Echo......hmmmmm
buy it! :lol:

Last edited:
M
mrlindeman
Heck YA!!! Karen and I got the flyer today at Creekside fly today. can't wait!!

I
ICamel49
Van:
Why wait? Dave posts the show special prices on his website, so you can go ahead and order now. It generally takes about 4 to 6 weeks after you order for the toon to arrive. Might take less time for a frameless?
Van said:
I'm going. Hopefully Dave Scadden will be there with his boats on sale...

V
Van
Well, i was planning on trying to sell my Triumph motorcycle before hand that way i could pay in cash. Also, if you buy at the show you get about $1k off the normal price. I am looking to get the Outlaw Avenger XX. It is a 2 person framed model with a casting bar and the pontoon is one of the U shaped ones.

I actually talked to Dave at the Sportmens show and he said he was planning on being at the Fly tying & fishing expo. If i had bought then and there at the show the boat i am interested in would have been $2300. Online during a show special it would have been $2500. Normally it is $3400. Dave was a nice guy. I told him he was going to get my money, either sooner or later. lol

L
Letsfish
Three of us went down last year. The vendors were great, but for me the main attraction was the fly tiers. Watching some of those guys with fat fingers tying small dries gave me hope. I appreciated the time individual tiers were willing to take and answer questions and share their techniques. This year four of us are going down and I did sign up for one stillwater class.

S
Sinkline
Anyone can tie flys if they really want to learn. My fishing frined of over 30-years FINALLY decided he wanted to learn tying his one patterns ( I always supplied him). I gave him a lesson last week and he did really well. He will catch fish with his first pattern I am sure!

If you want to learn and there are classes at this event don't be affraid to give it a go. Basically, if you learn to tie one fly, you can tie any fly.

Randy