North Santiam natives

S
SALTYFISH
So I have been going to to coast religiously with mixed results.Decided to hit the home waters Sunday,Went two min from my house fish on first 30 min.This river has some of the prettiest fish i have ever seen.
 
  • new1.jpg
  • new3.jpg
  • new2.jpg
M
mrlindeman
Is that the stayton scio bridge? Very nice fish there! :) Great catch
 
S
Santiam338
Awesome fish...Those North fish are pretty..Almost as pretty as our fish on the South...;)
 
S
skunk
Sweet fish!!!
 
S
SALTYFISH
Santiam338 said:
Awesome fish...Those North fish are pretty..Almost as pretty as our fish on the South...;)

:lol:Keep telling your self that:D I'm fairly new on the North but the whole North South rival is pretty funny, all in good fun:cool:
 
S
SantiamDrifter
Oh yeah all the good fish return to the south. Plus they get LOTS more fish. Just stating a fact.
 
S
SALTYFISH
Ok I give so everybody knows the south is the place to be!
 
C
capblack
ALL the good fish go up the south, the water is easier to fish, the people are nicer, oh and dont forget about the free beer!!
 
C
capblack
SALTYFISH said:
So I have been going to to coast religiously with mixed results.Decided to hit the home waters Sunday,Went two min from my house fish on first 30 min.This river has some of the prettiest fish i have ever seen.

nice fish. might need to get out and try my new float rod??
 
S
Santiam338
Not to take away from the fine fish above,a very nice speciman of North Santiam winter steelie,BUT you guys are asking for it...Ya want proof??

P1050980.jpg
 
S
skunk
Yeah, good friendly competition! Bring on the fish!!!
 
S
SantiamDrifter
You win santiam! Thats a nice looking fish. Everybody go fish the south now, no point in fishing the north.
 
C
capblack
yep, he proved our point. fish on the south are better!!
 
S
Santiam338
SantiamDrifter said:
You win santiam! Thats a nice looking fish. Everybody go fish the south now, no point in fishing the north.

Sometime in the next month or so I am coming to the North to see what its all about..Maybe I can wrap my boat around a rootwad or something..

:)

Seriously.the North,South Molalla and Calypooia fish are pretty much all the same and are by far the prettiest fish around,at least I think so...They are also my favorite to catch,I just don't fish them enough cause I also like to bring a fish home every now and then..

But as the coast rivers start to slow down I will be changing that...
 
S
SantiamDrifter
Santiam338 said:
Sometime in the next month or so I am coming to the North to see what its all about..Maybe I can wrap my boat around a rootwad or something..:)

Seriously.the North,South Molalla and Calypooia fish are pretty much all the same and are by far the prettiest fish around,at least I think so...They are also my favorite to catch,I just don't fish them enough cause I also like to bring a fish home every now and then..

But as the coast rivers start to slow down I will be changing that...

No worries, we have plenty of those and lots of rocks to do it. On a serious note tho, let me know if you do plan on floating the North. I'll give you a heads up on anything to watch out for. We had our first boat sink last saturday, probably wont be the last either.
 
R
RunWithSasquatch
I was wondering whos boat that was. Did the boat get recovered?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Santiam338
L
lilsalmon
I love fishing the North.....but everyone else should fish the South cuz it is much better....:D
 
T
Thuggin4Life
Way to man! nice fish!
 
S
SantiamDrifter
RunWithSasquatch said:
I was wondering whos boat that was. Did the boat get recovered?

I heard there was gunna be a few people going out the next day for it. I do know the 3 people inside the boat had no experience.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Santiam338
S
Santiam338
Thanks and I will take you up on that..

I sank a drift boat once...Back in 79...I just can't remember if it was 1879 or 1979..:think:

No matter..What I do remember is it wasn't any fun...I have not come close since..;)
 
Last edited:

Similar threads

305to503fishermen
Replies
6
Views
2K
305to503fishermen
305to503fishermen
bass
Replies
4
Views
498
bass
bass
Admin
Replies
0
Views
547
Admin
Admin
F
Replies
2
Views
718
Fishnsleep
F
bass
Replies
9
Views
3K
Cutthroat69
C
Top Bottom