nook watch for the siletz

W
wormosa
anyone gotten any chinooks on the siletz yet, how is the fishing? i am going again on saturday, i did catch a small chinook on this past saturday... it has to get better!!

with a brads wobbler i add, mught be cheap, but i believe stick with what works !!!!

Sandshrimp 18-24 inches off the bottom just a bove chinook bend by the lone tree.

yeah i want to know to. i want to go out there for a 3 day weekend soon and woould love to get one out there!! just dont really know where to fish but the guy at the lil shop had some great advice!!

Kodiak said:
Sandshrimp 18-24 inches off the bottom just a bove chinook bend by the lone tree.

i caught my lil guy just west of windy bend.... i had a take down on sunday with wobbler again and he spit the hook, talk about depressing

Kodiak said:
how u tying up the sand shrimp? i never have used it, any help would be appreciated

I run 18" dropper OFF! a spreader to a 2oz weight, run a 18" 25# leader. Drop it strait to the bottom, tighten it up, two cranks off the bottom. To fish it right you are going to need about 5 dz. shrimp per head (it pays to pump your own from the flat in the bay). You will get bit every shrimp. The problem is they are all bullhead, ecept that 1 fish that you limp wrist hookset. The chinook feel almost exactley the same as a bullhead. It becomes an exersice in focus, stamina, and determination...I usually get 1 hookup per high tide/rod.

Kodiak said:
I run 18" dropper OFF! a spreader to a 2oz weight, run a 18" 25# leader. Drop it strait to the bottom, tighten it up, two cranks off the bottom. To fish it right you are going to need about 5 dz. shrimp per head (it pays to pump your own from the flat in the bay). You will get bit every shrimp. The problem is they are all bullhead, ecept that 1 fish that you limp wrist hookset. The chinook feel almost exactley the same as a bullhead. It becomes an exersice in focus, stamina, and determination...I usually get 1 hookup per high tide/rod.

ok i am new to this salmon fishing by myself, my buddy always hooked me up, what i want to know is when you use sand shrimp, are you tying it to a spinner,wobbler or just a plain old hook? i have used plug cut herring with the two hooks and tie them up very nicely and they roll, but sand shrimp i have no clue as to what to use to hook them on too...

i run 5/0 owners. just tie an egg loop and thread them on. It's a plunking method so you are anchored..pretty simple...can be really effective this time of year.

Kodiak said:
i run 5/0 owners. just tie an egg loop and thread them on. It's a plunking method so you are anchored..pretty simple...can be really effective this time of year.

thank you i will try this saturday and let you know how i do....gonna fish it sat,sun.

Back
Top Bottom