No luck for coho on the Clackamas

A
Axlave
Hey everyone,

Went out on the clackamas hoping to catch a coho today after work. Im not a huge fan of the shoulder to shoulder fishing currently happening at the bowling alley hole so I decided to go a little farther upriver to cross park. Fished with a bobber swiching out eggs and jigs and yarn balls with no prevail. I only other guy there caught, what I believed to be a carp. After about 3 hours of no luck I walked over to high rocks and tried for a half an hour. Still no luck.

Althought I caught nothing, I still enjoyed relaxing and fishing. Nothing can beat it......besides catching a fish lol.

T
tnffishman
it's ok, it is tough out there so far. Hopefully this rain brings some fish in. I spent all day on the Clack as well and saw a few jump, but that's it

S
skunk
Not many yet, keep checking till they show.

N
nativefish
got 2 on sunday when it was raining, went out today and the river was a ghost town, no anglers and no fish.

W
waco
Keep trying they are there!!! I already got my first one of the season!!!

A
Axlave
Oh nice! Did you guys catch them around the areas I was talking about?.... Cross park/highrocks?

Because I was deciding between exploring the sandy river or going back to the clackamas tomorrow...

N
nativefish
higher up for me but i would imagine high rocks and the drift at cross park are good bets for hooking up.