Nine years ago today...

troutdude
troutdude
This popped up on my Facebook feed today. I was camping/fishing with a long time friend. At an "undisclosed" lake in Central Oregon. It's always a blast to have "doubles"!

Those rods--if you look closely--are translucent S-glass, that were made by D.A.M. Quick back in the day. I have since gifted those rods to another friend's sons. Who were like my own boys; and had young families and without money to buy any gear.

1712768835131.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Fish_bot9000, Irishrover, C_Run and 4 others
bass
bass
That is a great picture! Those trout look really fat and healthy!

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
bass said:
That is a great picture! Those trout look really fat and healthy!
Yes they were. However the first time that I went there...I caught 2 19-inchers that were as fat and healthy as Diamond or Crane trout. I estimated at least 6 pounds at 19"! Their are millions of small black periwinkles all over the bank and, I assume, on the bottom. And they were STUFFED full--and fought like frickin' steelhead!

Reactions: bass
bass
bass
Awesome that there is such a great food supply.

Reactions: troutdude
GaryP1958
GaryP1958
troutdude said:
This popped up on my Facebook feed today. I was camping/fishing with a long time friend. At an "undisclosed" lake in Central Oregon. It's always a blast to have "doubles"!

Those rods--if you look closely--are translucent S-glass, that were made by D.A.M. Quick back in the day. I have since gifted those rods to another friend's sons. Who were like my own boys; and had young families and without money to buy any gear.

View attachment 640635
Love glass rods my old Sabres are my best!

Reactions: troutdude and SparkyofSoCal
troutdude
troutdude
GaryP1958 said:
Love glass rods my old Sabres are my best!
I grew up with Fenwicks, and eventually some Lamiglas too. Most peeps are unaware, but Fenwick had 2 product lines. The first is their standard solid E-glass "beer bottle brown" blanks. The second were known as "Supreme Glass", which is a hollow / lighter weight blank. And Lamiglas had a S-Glass series which were similar. There were also a few other brands, that made S-glass rods too. But they hit the market almost simultaneously with Graphite rods. And Graphite took over, and then dominated the market.

One of my Lami S-glass rods is a 5' ultra light--and it's a scream to try and reel in a 17" trout with it!!!

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Kenkore rods where also great but rare!

troutdude
troutdude
GaryP1958 said:
Kenkore rods where also great but rare!
I'd never even heard of those; until now.