New to Southern Willamette

C
Coastie3202
New to this part of Oregon and to OFF. Got my fishing license about 1 month ago and have started the hunt for fishing areas close to home, which is Cottage Grove. Interested in Trout, Bass, and Salmon. Can someone tell me if the following areas are productive: 1) Row River; 2) Mosby Creek; Dorena Lake; Cottage Grove Lake; 3) Coastal Fork of the Willamette that flows through Cottage Grove.

What other areas should I hit? Bank fisherman for now until I can buy a boat next year. Have to recover from the home purchase and relocation from New Mexico. Settling into retirement and gotta fish for sanity.

Thanks.

W
Willerman
Troutski
Troutski
Coastal Fork of the Willy...

Coastal Fork of the Willy...

Welcome to OFF, great area to explore for fishing holes. I would not pass up Dorena res, one of the best Bass and hold over Rainbows places in the whole valley... Some very nice creeks and springs all over that valley. Coastal Fork of the Willamette is also a great place to fish from shore... Multiple species hold in here....
Tight lines and again welcome to the site....

Chuck

C
Coastie3202
Great to know Troutski. The Coastal Fork of the Willamette is 1/4 mile from the house. I fish it almost every evening after dinner. The wife caught a small trout there tonight, and of course I got skunked. Oh well.

O
OregonOwl
Plenty of wild cutties in the Row below Dorena in the 8-12" range. can be a lot of fun in summer evenings.

Reactions: Troutski