New raft!

HombreLibro85
HombreLibro85
My buddy and I just got a 14' STAR raft and have taken it out a few times on the Clackamas, from Feldheimer to Barton and Barton to Carver. We feel comfortable enough to seek out new stretches to float and have the wilson in mind. I know a lot of the bank spots and I am ready to get in the boat now! Any suggestions of places to launch and end a trip for novice rowers to try would be helpful)
IMG_5308.jpg

Also, has anyone had weird luck catching pikeminnow and carp floating from feldheimer to barton?

Reactions: Admin
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Nice! Did you get some rod holders on it yet?

HombreLibro85
HombreLibro85
rogerdodger said:
Nice! Did you get some rod holders on it yet?
no rod holders yet

Echskech
Echskech
Mills Bridge to Sollie Smith would be just so easy on the Wilson. While you're there and getting comfortable with that easy float, ask other boaters about the Siskeyville put in (slide). It could also be a good option once levels get up.

Reactions: HombreLibro85
Echskech
Echskech
How you liking the raft? Where is it best used and how do you load/unload it?

HombreLibro85
HombreLibro85
Echskech said:
How you liking the raft? Where is it best used and how do you load/unload it?
The raft is the greatest thing ever! Been using it to float the Clackamas (Feldheimer to barton and barton to carver). Unfortunately we found and air leak and had to patch it so we were off the water for a couple weekends, but the leak is fixed and probably gonna take it out again soon considering all this rain we got this week! No trailer so deflating and inflating at load and unload area has been the move. the frame straps easily to my camper rails

Reactions: rogerdodger and Echskech