Nestucca River bank fishing

O
Outdoor_Myers
From what I can make out on the online PDF file for Oregon sport fishing regs, the Nestucca River is on the northwest branch? Can anyone tell me if there is quite a bit of bank access for this river, and how long of a drive to get there from Mac? I'll have to pick up one of those pamplets with maps once I get there at a sportsman warehouse. Thanks for any info on this river.

Josh

S
solution7
The Nestucca

The Nestucca

Outdoor_Myers said:
From what I can make out on the online PDF file for Oregon sport fishing regs, the Nestucca River is on the northwest branch? Can anyone tell me if there is quite a bit of bank access for this river, and how long of a drive to get there from Mac? I'll have to pick up one of those pamplets with maps once I get there at a sportsman warehouse. Thanks for any info on this river.

Josh

Takes about an hour and fifteen minutes to make it to Pacific City where I fish for salmon from the bank. There are places all along the river in pacific city for bank access. You will also find bank access in the three rivers area near Hebo, I have not been there recently since I have had good luck in tidewater and no need to go upriver for me yet.

I live in Mac and we primarily fish the Stucca and the Salmon river. The Salmon is a bit closer than the Stucca for certain, however I have found it to be more crowded.

What fish are you looking to target?

M
masmith
I have to dissagree a little. If you head toward Carlton and head up meadow lake road you go straight up the coast range. Here you find the upper river. This area is only 30 minutes from mac. This is a state forest area so there is plenty of access. The tidewater fishing in PAC city is another option, but this is the end of the river and I would say the drive is at, or just under 1 hour if you are a good backroads driver.

S
solution7
masmith said:
I have to dissagree a little. If you head toward Carlton and head up meadow lake road you go straight up the coast range. Here you find the upper river. This area is only 30 minutes from mac. This is a state forest area so there is plenty of access. The tidewater fishing in PAC city is another option, but this is the end of the river and I would say the drive is at, or just under 1 hour if you are a good backroads driver.

You drive faster than I do. I ought know. Anthony and I both almost got car sick last time we went, remember? ( Josh isn't in oregon yet by the way still on his way. )

The upper river near us in Mac is pretty but I think we should wait for steelhead to nail that. I wouldn't go any farther up than three rivers hebo area. I know we are headed there tomorrow, I think I am gonna try small corkies and yarn on a drift set up.

B
bigsteel
is the cutoff for fishing elk creek?can u fish the nestucca above that?

H
HANKIII
At the bridge right above it

M
Mike123
Thinking about Three Rivers right now.. good time of year to hit that up for steelhead. Three Rivers fish return early, Alsea strain of fish.
The broodstock show up later and return up the Nestucca.

M
masmith
Mike123 said:
Thinking about Three Rivers right now.. good time of year to hit that up for steelhead. Three Rivers fish return early, Alsea strain of fish.
The broodstock show up later and return up the Nestucca.

The steel are there, saw a couple pulled out of there- but I sure didn't lol....

S
Steelheader4Life
Hit up Three Rivers and the lower Nestucca yesterday and today. Yesterday I landed a nice 28" summer fish out of Three Rivers and seen a couple nice fatty winters pulled out as well. No luck today, but I did see a two banked at the hatchery. a lot of people stacked at the hatchery. I prefer down a little lower where there seems to be less pressure.