Nestucca river levels

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
Hi everyone, with the record setting rainfall we are having I have to ask the question. What is the highest flows that everyone would fish the Nestucca for spring chinook and possibly the magical summer steelhead. I was planning on floating tomorrow and now I’m questioning my choices. Any input is appreciated!
-Tight Lines

Last edited:
Casting Call
Casting Call
Don't know about the Tucca. Float the Kelchis first. After heavy rains the kelchis drops too normal first because of its descent gradient. The fish that are holding in the bay wait for the river to clear then just take OFF to spawn. The Wilson will drop next then the Trask (hatchery lane). Tony 10%er

Last edited:
Reactions: troutdude, rogerdodger and O. mykiss
jamisonace
jamisonace
I don't have an answer to your question but I've had luck in tidewater on the nestucca for springers just not sure how rains affect it.

Casting Call
Casting Call
When it rains HARD(near flood) always fish on the drop, ask any guide. Tony 10%er

Reactions: O. mykiss
jamisonace
jamisonace
Casting Call said:
When it rains HARD(near flood) always fish on the drop, ask any guide. Tony 10%er
Maybe for steelhead but you're missing out on salmon if you're staying away from a rising, off color river.

Reactions: scched