need help with brownlee

N
nork64
im going catfishing at brownlee next week and would like any tips on what to use and any good spots to get into the fish

M
Mad dog
im going catfishing at brownlee next week and would like any tips on what to use and any good spots to get into the fish

Welcome to the forum nork64! :clap:

Nork....last name by chance....I'm fishin' here!

F
fish4life
I have only fished around the Huntington-Farewell bend area, which is the upper part of the reservoir. If you are fishing from the bank there is a gravel road that runs from huntington to richland. If you stop at the takle store in huntington they will give you a printout with milage to good bank spots. If you have a boat you can put in at farewell bend or spring camp. As far as bait I have always done best on crappie guts and fillets, but you can also use crickets, shrimp, worm, liver, stinkbait I have even heard of people using trout. River this year is about four times the normal flow so if you are taking a boat out be carefull and good luck.

N
nork64
thanks were just fishing from the bank this is my first trip out there and its a long drive so any thing i can learn is great

H
Hawk
I've been reading some folks have been catching crappie & catfish from the bank in Hewitt Park, especially at night (lantern fishing).

(member 'snake river' has been catching lot of crappie in arms of Brownlee & on the Snake River.)

On the bass & panfish forum of ifish you can email Crappie Chaser (who is a much respected guide on Brownlee) he would know where you can probably catch a good amount currently. Or member 'snake river' would know. imho.

Best of Luck to y'all...