Need help please!

L
Leon
Hello everyone!

Me and my friends are looking to go on a road trip to celebrate my birthday to a beautiful state of Oregon.

I would like to find a place that has these characteristics to park our RV.

A. As wild and as secluded as possible.
B. Where I can catch salmon
C. Somewhere in Rogue river National Forest (Its closer to California)
D. Somewhere where there are beautiful waterfalls and scenery if possible!

Thank you very much for your help!

Leon

T
Throbbit _Shane
Id go up the North Umpqua Highway 138 . There's plenty of great waterfalls and some excellent fishing.

N
neverbackdown7
Although North Umpqua will be closed to retention of Salmon if you're planning on being here soon. So it would have to be C&R. (Not sure on hatchery salmon) Also as you probably already know you'll need an Oregon fishing license and salmon/steelhead tag. But North Umpqua is some of the best scenery Oregon has to OFFer, I was there Saturday and it was amazing! Have fun!

T
Throbbit _Shane
I wouldnt expect to catch salmon and steelhead if your visiting here and dont have any experience with those fish. Trout and bass might be a better choice to fish for.

L
Leon
neverbackdown7 said:
Although North Umpqua will be closed to retention of Salmon if you're planning on being here soon. So it would have to be C&R. (Not sure on hatchery salmon) Also as you probably already know you'll need an Oregon fishing license and salmon/steelhead tag. But North Umpqua is some of the best scenery Oregon has to OFFer, I was there Saturday and it was amazing! Have fun!

Question
C&R? what is that and where is it?

N
neverbackdown7
Sorry just a lazy way to type catch and release. It means if you catch a salmon you need to release it unharmed and as quickly as possible.

L
Leon
Can you guys post a location on a map....cause I don't know the area at all...I really want to catch and cook some salmon =) and I really want it to be a wild location

N
neverbackdown7
I'm not trying to sound rude but its not exactly easy to catch a salmon haha but if you tell us when you're going to be here I'm sure someone could point you in the right direction.

L
Leon
neverbackdown7 said:
I'm not trying to sound rude but its not exactly easy to catch a salmon haha but if you tell us when you're going to be here I'm sure someone could point you in the right direction.

Sorry I am a total noob when it comes to outdoor stuff! trip is
Dates are 07/25/2012-07/30/2012

troutdude
troutdude
Leon, welcome to OFF.

It's great to see that you are asking questions; prior to your arrival.

Here is the online version, of our Rules n' Regulations guide. You will want to read this, about any area that you plan to fish. The SW section, starts on pg. 36 (but, you should look through the information prior to that page as well).

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/fish/docs/2012_Oregon_Sport_Fish_Regs.pdf

Good luck to you, and your friends. We hope that you enjoy your stay.

L
Leon
troutdude said:
Leon, welcome to OFF.

It's great to see that you are asking questions; prior to your arrival.

Here is the online version, of our Rules n' Regulations guide. You will want to read this, about any area that you plan to fish. The SW section, starts on pg. 36 (but, you should look through the information prior to that page as well).

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/fish/docs/2012_Oregon_Sport_Fish_Regs.pdf

Good luck to you, and your friends. We hope that you enjoy your stay.

Thank you very much for your help!

N
neverbackdown7
By the way I wish you luck to I wasn't meaning to sound rude I'm sure you'll do just fine! Also if you fish for summer steelhead there are many more opportunities out there, especially the rogue and north umpqua rivers.

L
Leon
To be honest with you I lost myself in regulations....is there a place on the Rogue river where you can catch and keep any Salmon at all in July 25-30..
There are so many rules and regulations you need to know the area well to understand where you need to be.

N
neverbackdown7
I know haha there are a ton. I would actually go ahead and call Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife and tell them you're going to be in the area and ask them where you could go and what regulations you need to know. Their website is www.dfw.state.or.us

L
Leon
neverbackdown7 said:
I know haha there are a ton. I would actually go ahead and call Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife and tell them you're going to be in the area and ask them where you could go and what regulations you need to know. Their website is www.dfw.state.or.us

Thanks bud!
Will do!

Have a nice week!

E
eat, sleep, fish
Leon said:
To be honest with you I lost myself in regulations....is there a place on the Rogue river where you can catch and keep any Salmon at all in July 25-30..
There are so many rules and regulations you need to know the area well to understand where you need to be.

The entire Rogue below Lost Creek Dam is open for salmon during those dates. If you're really wanting to catch a salmon, and you've never fished for them before, you're better off booking a trip with a guide. It takes most guys a full year of fishing before catching their first one, and a guide will be able to put you on a few fish. If you need a recommendation let me know.

You can also check out the website in my signature below. I update it every week with fishing reports, and even have a map with fishing locations.