Navionics Platinum Plus...arriving next week...

F
Fishnsleep
I just purchased the Navionics Platinum Plus for California and Oregon. Should arrive by end of next week. I am curious if anyone has any experience using this software. I have a Lowrance HDS-5 which I will be inserting the "chip" into. I have a fishing friend who has this and works great for bottom fishing, no more "fishing" to find good structure. A little concerned that my 5" screen may not be big enough to really utilize the software. Any feedback, tips, lessons learned, from using this software would be greatly appreciated.

LazyBrewer
LazyBrewer
I picked up Navionics Plus Regions West Marine and Lake Charts around the holidays when Garmin had a $50 rebate, so I got it for $75. I haven't been out yet to check it out, though. With the warmer weather this week, I'm hoping to see how the charts perform.

F
Fishnsleep
I will be curious to see how you like it. I love Florence, OR.

Used to spend at least a week every summer down there, Siltcoos Lake. Stayed at West Lake Resort, beautiful area!

My favorite part of the Oregon coast!

LazyBrewer
LazyBrewer
I live on Sutton Lake, just north of Florence, but on the dry side of the road. Thankfully, I have awesome neighbors who let me tie up at their docks so I can leave the boat in the water and avoid trailering for a few days. Hoping to get a line in the water Friday, when temps go over 70° for the first time this year.

I ended up in Florence after retiring from 35 years in public education. My grandparents lived here in the 60's-90's, and as a kid I used to get dropped off at their place on the Siuslaw for a week or so at a time. It was heaven being able fish every day, all day, and it was those memories that drew me back here when it was time to slow life down a bit. We looked a homes on Siltcoos, but they were either dumps or WAY out of our price range, so we ended up on Sutton Lake. It's pretty cool to be able to walk less than 50 yards and and be floating on my home lake.

Florence is a great little town. There are probably 10 fishable lakes within 10-15 miles, and the Siuslaw runs right through town. This old man is a happy fella!

Reactions: Fishnsleep