Native Retention on the Big C

P
PandaMan
Hi all,
I just watched a YouTube video of a guide in a personal boat (with friend & neighbor) fishing right before the Bonneville Dam & noticed they retained a couple of Chinook that weren't fin clipped. Am I missing something here? I thought retention of those were illegal. Only thing I can think of is that there aren't any hatcheries up there so they'd all be native but that doesn't seem reasonable either.
TIA

rogerdodger
lots of native chinook retention allowed, at times, in the fall lower Columbia seasons, link to full regs updates for this year is below, if you scroll down a bit, looks like Aug1 to Sept21 in the section just below Bonnevilee, one chinook per day that is either native or clipped:

---------------------

Warrior Rock/Bachelor Island upstream to Bonneville Dam

• August 1 – September 21: Retention of Chinook and hatchery coho allowed. The daily adult bag limit is two salmon, but only one may be a Chinook.
  • September 22 – 30: Salmonid angling prohibited.
  • October 1 – 31: Retention of hatchery coho allowed; all Chinook must be released. The daily adult bag limit is two hatchery coho.
  • November 1 – December 31: Retention of hatchery coho and hatchery steelhead allowed; all Chinook must be released. The daily adult bag limit is two salmonids (coho or steelhead only).
----------------------

https://myodfw.com/recreation-report/fishing-report/columbia-zone#Regulation-Updates

Reactions: Snopro, troutdude and PandaMan
P
PandaMan
Thanks Roger, I had looked at the regs last week for dates & landmarks and didn't remember seeing anything about the non fin clipped!