My first fish this year!!

S
steelielover
OKAY, I admit it - I just said that to hook you ;) But it's true. I've been hitting the Middle Fork about every weekend from clearwater park up to Dexter. I really want to get a hook into one of those tasty summer steelhead so I have been roaming the banks and trying out different holes, slips, runs, and etc. I got the chance to drift from Pengra to Jasper today. What a perfect day to drift the river and try some of the new techniques that I've learned from some of you guys! I caught a nice little trout - no worries though, I'm sure he is happily swimming around the train tressel wondering what the heck happened, and still hungry no doubt :lol: Anyway, I can hardly wait for the steel to make their way to our part of the world!

There you have it- another report from a happy angler... Catch you later

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Fishin' with attitude

Fishin' with attitude

steelielover;
Thanks for the uplifting report. With your attitude I'm sure it won't be long before you get into some nice fatties. Keep 'em coming! Be safe.
Barb

C
curlyDave
Few fish in Mid fork yet....soon tho

Few fish in Mid fork yet....soon tho

I think the warm rain messed with the fish but did not start them moving yet...I float at least weekly and have yet to boat one, not from lack of trying..
Here's a pair from last year..

CurlyDave

A
Anyfishisfine
steelielover said:
OKAY, I admit it - I just said that to hook you ;) But it's true. I've been hitting the Middle Fork about every weekend from clearwater park up to Dexter. I really want to get a hook into one of those tasty summer steelhead so I have been roaming the banks and trying out different holes, slips, runs, and etc. I got the chance to drift from Pengra to Jasper today. What a perfect day to drift the river and try some of the new techniques that I've learned from some of you guys! I caught a nice little trout - no worries though, I'm sure he is happily swimming around the train tressel wondering what the heck happened, and still hungry no doubt :lol: Anyway, I can hardly wait for the steel to make their way to our part of the world!

There you have it- another report from a happy angler... Catch you later

You will get yours, and it will be when you least expect it. When I got mine, I had just told a passing fisherman that there was noting, no bites, nothing. Then I turned around and my bobber was gone.

T
TTFishon
curlyDave said:
I think the warm rain messed with the fish but did not start them moving yet...I float at least weekly and have yet to boat one, not from lack of trying..
Here's a pair from last year..

CurlyDave

Hey I recognize that spot. I was told there's good smallmouth fishin' there too. Welcome to the forum.