Mt.Hood Village?

T
Troutier Bassier
Has anybody ever fished in the crick there for trout?
Thanks. :cool:

E
eggs
Are you talking about salmon river behind the resort?? If so it is a very fun c&r river with the option to keep native summer steel during the summer..

T
Troutier Bassier
really? thats cool. When dose it open?
Spinners or flys?

E
eggs
It opens for c&r trout same time as everyone els,e but is open to keeping summers from july1-aug31.. No bait allowed but not restricted to just fly!

T
Troutier Bassier
Ok. Im set I guess. Thank you. :D

M
mthoodrider
For summer steelies, go up welches rd, right next to thriftway, follow the road all the way up and it changes to salmon river rd, a few miles down you will see a big rock on your left where people do some climbing and a few trailheads, cross the bidge by the rock and park on your left. You will see where people camp there along the river, anyway by the bridge there are some nice holes. I've camped there a lot during the summer and there's always some steelies in the water. I've never fished there for steelies though, only trout. I really want to pick it up and learn how to fish for steelies, I'll probably be trying this spring and summer. Another good spot is on the mouth of the salmon river with the sandy, since they blew up marmot damn its a great spot for cohos too. I can give you updates if you want, it's not too far from my house and I know a lot of people that fish these waters.

Keep it spinning

Last edited:
E
eggs
You can only keep steel for the 2 months I posted.. and 5 total a year.. it is in the regs book..