Molalla steelie

L
Letemgo
WildMolallaRiver8-9lbbucksteelhead2-12-2013.png

My fishing partner and I dumped the boat in at Freyer Park yesterday and floated down to Wagon Wheel. I got into a decent 9-10 lb buck at about 8:30 and that was all the action for our boat. There was one other boat on our drift and they picked up one . At the take out, we talked to a guy who was retrieving their trailer and had floated Wagon Wheel to a private takeout and one of their party reportedly picked up a nice buck between 15 and 17 pounds. Considering that there probably aren't more than 400 fish in the Molalla system at this time, I thought the day's results were pretty good. I thought this latest info of an all native run might be of some interest. Steve

S
Spydeyrch
Nice buck man!! :clap:

-Spydey

O
OnTheDrop
Awesome fish right there. Every one you get outta that system these days is one you remember... Again, nice job

C
cddunn
Thanks for the great report.

M
Modest_Man
I've only fished the Mo once this year, will have to change that next week. Maybe float from Glen Avon to Freyer.

R
rookieman
what setup were you using?

D
dozer365
rookieman said:
what setup were you using?

any of you guys ever go up the corridor? i see them stacked sometimes in the canyons, never fished them

M
Modest_Man
dozer365 said:
any of you guys ever go up the corridor? i see them stacked sometimes in the canyons, never fished them

Deadline is Pine Creek Bridge which isn't all that far up.

W
waco
Modest_Man said:
I've only fished the Mo once this year, will have to change that next week. Maybe float from Glen Avon to Freyer.

Good luck man!
I want to fish this river with my pontoon too but I have to go with someone that knows it, we have to go someday Jamie!!
Btw nice fish man!

J
jabs67
Very Nice steel!!!! :cool:

M
Modest_Man
waco said:
Good luck man!
I want to fish this river with my pontoon too but I have to go with someone that knows it, we have to go someday Jamie!!
Btw nice fish man!

If you want to go let me know, I'm free most every Friday and Saturday.

W
waco
Now that would be a problem! I only got Mondays and Tuesdays off!

R
rookieman
Thinking about hitting the mo river. Any ideas whats the best time go?