Miller lake round 2

M
madura
Heading back up to miller tommrow, anyone have any last minute tips to getting those browns to bite?

Troutski
Troutski
Fast troll

Fast troll

3.5" segmented Rainbow Trout Rapala trolled between 1.5 and 2.5 mph along the North end of the lake. Early morning or late in the day are best, if you have the ways and means do try a night fish....very cool.

Chuck

M
madura
Thanks for the tip. Not heading up there till proly 4 tommrow afternoon and plan on doing a night fishing so we'll see what happens

Troutski
Troutski
Good luck and tight lines...fun place to be.

Chuck

troutdude
troutdude
Please send a Post-trip report. I've heard good things about that lake, but have not been there. Would love to see how you do.

O
oldhippie
I'll be up there tomorrow and then this weekend with a troop of boyscouts. We'll be boatless but it won't matter on Miller! :)

troutdude
troutdude
Corvallis Boy Scouts eh? Go get 'em man!

BTW, I am in charge of a similar group at my church (Royal Rangers). Are there any campgrounds at Miller?

O
oldhippie
troutdude said:
Corvallis Boy Scouts eh? Go get 'em man!

BTW, I am in charge of a similar group at my church (Royal Rangers). Are there any campgrounds at Miller?

Actually a friend of mine is the troop leader (Troop 1). The Digit Point campground is really nice. The water will be off now so there's no fee to use it.

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks for the information.

BTW, I was a Philomath Boy Scout back in the day (Troop 163...if memory serves me).

Good luck down there!

M
madura
Well the second trip was much like the first. Ended the day with 2 kokes and a stocker rainbow. Weird thing was 1 of the kokes hit a 3.5" jointed rapala with flashers. We did however see some big browns roll the surface so the fish are deffiently there. Just a slow day even to 2 crawfish pots came up empty but hey still a nice evening on the water

N
Ntofishing
madura said:
Well the second trip was much like the first. Ended the day with 2 kokes and a stocker rainbow.

Well that is better than my first day on that lake. Did you try anything other than the Rapala? Did you try to focus on the kokes (aka jigging or trolling wedding rings)? I have been trying all year to catch some of thoes little buggers.

M
madura
Yeah the first koke we caught was on a homemade wedding ring style with a night crawler they dont seem to bite to jar style maggots there and the other was on the rapala. Ran for rigs at all time ranging from wedding rings to rapalas to spoons at all different depths. Ran with flashers most of the time but then tried to flat line a rapala and a rooster tail (thats where the stocker ranibow came from). The fish are deffiently there metered them all over and watched some big ones roll just need to fine tune the tactics

O
oldhippie
Was up there Thursday afternoon through Sunday morning, very warm for this time of year! The Water temp is still 52-53 degrees. Rained lightly all day Saturday and that was the best fishing day. Got 4 browns 13-17" and hooked and lost a few more. Picked up a couple others the other days. A couple of folks floating worms off the bottom picked up 5 or 6 fish. There were quite a few stocker rainbows in the 10" range jumping. Talked to a fly fisher who was stalking the big ones, he rolled one about 15-20lbs but said most of the big fish were still out deep.