Miami River Chum Salmon Fishing

H
halibuthitman
OnTheFly said:
Thanks for the heads up! Can you be more specific about this spot? I've been marking the quicksand locations on my area map.

ok, ya know where the rotting dead horse is in that one quicksand spot.. a little to the south/north from there, next to the gay biker bar that is just down the road from those camping 7th day adventist teenagers... but not all the way up to where those two landmines are in the road.. right there.

H
halibuthitman
****... this just in.. Patty Murray was just seen up there campaigning in her tennis shoes... the place is done

B
bigsteel
halibuthitman said:
ok, ya know where the rotting dead horse is in that one quicksand spot.. a little to the south/north from there, next to the gay biker bar that is just down the road from those camping 7th day adventist teenagers... but not all the way up to where those two landmines are in the road.. right there.

you mean east hebo

O
OnTheFly
halibuthitman said:
****... this just in.. Patty Murray was just seen up there campaigning in her tennis shoes... the place is done
Rats! I was OK with the disgruntled booby trap setting vet and your pink tutu wearing dad swinging around up there but Patty Murray? Just when I was thinking about trying the place out.:rolleyes: Hey Brandon, what does your uncle know about the Kilches?

C
civicfun
so are the chum in right now if they are please let me no thanks. would like to go and give it a shot.

H
halibuthitman
OnTheFly said:
Rats! I was OK with the disgruntled booby trap setting vet and your pink tutu wearing dad swinging around up there but Patty Murray? Just when I was thinking about trying the place out.:rolleyes: Hey Brandon, what does your uncle know about the Kilches?[/QUOTE The Kilchis! Talk about a scary place! Jenny From Ifish lives up there!! I wouldn't go anywhere near the Kilchis, Miami, N F of the klaskenine or Salmonberry... Haven't you guys heard of Eagle creek? the fish are so thick up there that there swimming in the mud puddles of the parking lot! same way down on the nestucca and tillmook.. you should check those places out!

H
halibuthitman
civicfun said:
so are the chum in right now if they are please let me no thanks. would like to go and give it a shot.
the chum should be in good in the second week of november.. but in all honesty the Kilchis will probably produce bigger and more fish.. chum and chinook will be in strong in the first two weeks of november.

O
OnTheFly
halibuthitman said:
the chum should be in good in the second week of november.. but in all honesty the Kilchis will probably produce bigger and more fish.. chum and chinook will be in strong in the first two weeks of november.

Bahahahahaha!!!! Oh stop it you're killing me. Next you'll be telling everyone that this is the 'Go To' river when the Wilson's blown.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
Get your licence ASAP so you can borrow your parent's car to get to the fishing spots. lol. BTW, Brad was telling you straight up about the Kilchis. The Trask is probably a good bet now too. Oh, and don't get too personal with those sucker fish. If any female OFF'er in your age group had seen you kissing one of those you'd be Toast!:cool:

brandon4455
brandon4455
OnTheFly said:
Get your licence ASAP so you can borrow your parent's car to get to the fishing spots. lol. BTW, Brad was telling you straight up about the Kilchis. The Trask is probably a good bet now too. Oh, and don't get too personal with those sucker fish. If any female OFF'er in your age group had seen you kissing one of those you'd be Toast!:cool:
well with a possible job at little caesars this summer will get me a heap of tackle and some insurance/gas money ill be good next fall ill take a try at the kilchis next time around.
but the bad part about the liscense is dad and both my uncles will be like. hey...you should drive i'm tired. lol dad is giving me his 89 civic. it has a clock automatic windows and it's in great shape.

R
rippin fish lips
beaverfan said:
A couple times this year already I've been out fishing and heard real close gunshots and one time I'm pretty sure I heard the bullet wiz by about 10ft above my head. (no i wasn't on private property)

Yes same here! was hikin on a trail to this one spot of mine where hunting is allowed, heard a few close gun shots then what sounded like a bullet wiz by my head, sure enough it was cuz it landed in the tree that was 5 feet to the right of me! and it was about 5 feet up above my head in the tree, last time i go there during hunting season.

H
Hawk
brandon4455 said:
well with a possible job at little caesars this summer will get me a heap of tackle and some insurance/gas money ill be good next fall ill take a try at the kilchis next time around.
but the bad part about the liscense is dad and both my uncles will be like. hey...you should drive i'm tired. lol dad is giving me his 89 civic. it has a clock automatic windows and it's in great shape.

We had a 87 civic. She was a reel good ride.
:lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool:

brandon4455
brandon4455
Hawk said:
We had a 87 civic. She was a reel good ride.
:lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool:

my family has had a thing with 1980's hondas and 80's toyota pickups for fishing vehicles for some reason. but they work very well.

G
GDBrown
OnTheFly said:
...... Hey Brandon, what does your uncle know about the Kilches?

I was there yesterday, they were catching cutts, Chinook, coho and yea I think there was a chum or 12! Of course it was combat fishing at its best. There must have been fifty people lining the bank, cars were parked everywhere. They even had a traffic cop making sure the truckers going by didn't stop on the bridge too long. I think they were concerned that the bridge might not be able to hold all the weight. All those guys catching fish and not one of them had a net! I saw the guy on the far bank loose two nooks and 3 chum because he didn't have a net to get it up two feet out of the water! Don't bother going to the Kilches its a waste of time and bait.

G
GDBrown
OnTheFly said:
Bahahahahaha!!!! Oh stop it you're killing me. Next you'll be telling everyone that this is the 'Go To' river when the Wilson's blown.:rolleyes:

You didn't hear that from ME!

GD

brandon4455
brandon4455
GDBrown said:
I was there yesterday, they were catching cutts, Chinook, coho and yea I think there was a chum or 12! Of course it was combat fishing at its best. There must have been fifty people lining the bank, cars were parked everywhere. They even had a traffic cop making sure the truckers going by didn't stop on the bridge too long. I think they were concerned that the bridge might not be able to hold all the weight. All those guys catching fish and not one of them had a net! I saw the guy on the far bank loose two nooks and 3 chum because he didn't have a net to get it up two feet out of the water! Don't bother going to the Kilches its a waste of time and bait.

cheese and rice. sounds like good fish but packed at the same time. thanks for the heads up on that one.

C
Coho Kid
What's the ratio look like so far this year for nates v.s. hatchery?

H
halibuthitman
Coho Kid said:
What's the ratio look like so far this year for nates v.s. hatchery?

more detailed question please..

D
duanedoran
halibuthitman said:
Yep, just be careful the bottom of the river is all private

The property owners may if fact have deeds that claim ownership of the stream bed but based on the legal findings of the State's Attorney General we received 4-5 years ago the river meets navigability status (in essence, if it'll float a boat, it's navigable) which provides public access of the stream bed to the high water mark. That is generally where a noticeable change in plant life occurs. You cannot access the stream bed through private property without permission and if someone gets hostile it's best to walk away unless you want to set a precedent. If you do, leave the immediate area and call the Sheriff. There are very few waterways in this state that do not meet navigability requirements and many land owners will try and bully and threaten you into thinking they are right. They are not and you have the right to be there, just be smart about it.

H
halibuthitman
Thank you Duane, I have been told that before, but I get leary of word of mouth info so I just fish where I know im safe, I do have access to a small portion through private property, so I don't risk it... but I have been toonin the lower section for a few years without any real grief.