Meldrum today

S
santiamsailor
Taking the Old man out to the Bar today. Try our luck at some plunkin' Neved fished there before, heard its pretty good sometimes. We will see.

Tight lines

kidholiday
That is what I have heard as well. I caught a jack a couple of summers ago but that was pure luck.

S
santiamsailor
Went on sat saw 5 summer steelies caught, 4 landed. Sun only saw 2 landed both high fins but beautiful chrome hogs.

M
Moe
Does anybody know how to aproach this fishery, like rigs, weight size, bait, etc.

kidholiday
When plunking how far out do you want to cast your line. I will be heading out to Meldrom on Sat. Still trying to figure things out with the salmon/steelhead tricks. Normally a bass fisherman.

D
dude young
When plunking how far out do you want to cast your line. I will be heading out to Meldrom on Sat. Still trying to figure things out with the salmon/steelhead tricks. Normally a bass fisherman.

Just a thought... ...read the above refrenced thread... ...rig up your gear... ...get there early... ...stake your claim (cast stright out from you how ever far youwant)... ...wait til others show... ...watch 'em a bit... ...monkey see, monkey do... ...get tangled up with the thirty guys down from you... ...square up... ...buy beers for the three guys that convinced "joe pro-bankie" not to kick your ass... ...return sunday and do it all over again.

Good luck. Give 'em hell!

R
Redfox458
I went to Meldrum on my long lunch break yesterday (3/30/10) just to get close to the water to see the clarity myself. Talk about nasty!! I only saw one boat launched and three bank fishermen, all of which were only catching river debris. MAN, I really hope the Willy clears up soon!!