McIver State Park

Q
Quizzrules
Hey guys I was just curious if Milo McIver State Park is as good for Coho Salmon as people say it is.... Going out somewhere on Sunday need a place to go...

Thanks

F
fishingfreak
It is actually a good place for Steelhead and Coho! There are a lot of Dark fish in there right now. But this rain may bring more bright fish in! Good Luck!

Reactions: Raincatcher
P
PNW Sam
I remember camping there as a little kid and what I remember is A LOT of crawdads and A LOT of dark or dead (spawned out) fish. My mom has a pic with a dead 35-pound-something that was in the water. I'm not sure what our timing was as far as the runs go, but it seemed like a good spot to fish if they weren't all so dark. And there were a lot of people fishing there.

Good luck if you go.

brandon4455
brandon4455
id say there will be a few fish in with rain but i heard nothing is really entering the clack as of now and everything that came in with the last rain we had is dark

M
Moosebonsai
Well, now I'm going to have to try this place out. Your recommendation excites me. I've enjoyed Bonnie Lure twice since mid October, but this looks more promising.

I moved to Oregon in 2007; in order to embrace my new home and explore my inner Oregonian, I set a goal to catch a steelhead. I have no real fishing experience in my life, so I know this is a big goal. I've been fishing every week since May and haven't caught a steelhead or a salmon. I have landed several trout and bass. In August, I decided that I should pick a stream and learn it; I chose the Clackamas.

Thanks for the lead. I just want you to know I'm reading what everyone has to say, trying to put it to use, and am grateful!

Thank you,

W
waco
Get ready for winter steelhead!! My favorite!!!

M
Moosebonsai
waco said:
Get ready for winter steelhead!! My favorite!!!

Teach me! I want one! I've been using spinners on the Willamette and Clackamas all summer, with only a handful of bass and smote to show for it. A friend just gave me a hand-me-down Fly rod today. I am most grateful! Maybe switching styles of fishing will help. I want a steelhead, only then will I start feeling like an Oregonian!

N
nativefish
clackamas is a very tough river to learn. I have been working on it for 4 years now! i see signs of my dedication paying off though... Good luck out there and dont be afraid to stand next to someone on the bank and start a conversation, it will pay off.

Q
Quizzrules
Speaking of Winter Steelhead, what lure should I use??? For Summer Stealhead I was trying Little Cleos. Any others that I should be using???