What to do about an Anchor?

Grant22

I bought a 16’ g3 last weekend. It came with a 28lb rocker anchor on it but it’s so big it’s just unmanageable. The boat weighs maybe 1400 lbs fully loaded and with people in it. I’m curious what other people might recommend from their own experience on a good size anchor? I’m going to mount it on an anchor caddy so it’s out of the way and I’m putting a bow mount trolling motor up there too so space is at a bit of a premium.

I would get either a Bruce style anchor or a pyramid. I would imagine a 20-25lb pyramid would be more than adequate and is very compact. The Bruce style anchors are supposed to be the best in sand, mud and gravel but I am not sure how good they are on rock bottoms.

I would recomend a rocking chair anchor if your gonna be anchoring in current but you could drop down to a 15lb for that small of a boat you will still want about 4 feet of chain to help the anchor grab gl

I used two 18lb Danforth on 6' of chain 2' leading up to the 1st and 3' to the second anchored my 21 boat in the Columbia in 50' water I also used an anchor buoy to tie up to it, worked for me!

Top Bottom