Lost Lake trophies 2011!

G
GDBrown
Trophies were planted on Monday and I went today with a friend. Expected it to be overcast like it was in the valley but it was bright sun and dead calm. A few of the big ones came out this morning but not by us. The only thing moving near the surface was salamanders and the 2" trout fingerlings. Hopefully the foul weather next week will improve the catch.

GD

H
halibuthitman
I will be there monday morning for sure! this low pressure is gonna turn some of that water and stimulate some action, and of course not being 85 degrees is gonna help! give those fish a few days to aclimate and its game on!

G
GDBrown
I'll be going back on monday right after my dental appointment.... OK, maybe I'll wait until Tuesday so I can smile and feel it at the same time.

GD

J
JeannaJigs
Oh feeling your face is overated! I say go for it!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
JeannaJigs said:
Oh feeling your face is overated! I say go for it!
:lol::lol:True...so true. Go for it,Gene!!

G
GDBrown
Lazy day of Catching

Lazy day of Catching

The Orthopedic Dr said there was nothing they could do to help my arm that would not make it worse at the same time!!!! :mad: So, I went fishing at the Lake again this afternoon. There was only one other angler on the lake when I got there and the rain chased him OFF before I had the boat in the water. I had the lake all to myself!

It took a couple hours before things started happening but when they did I had fun. I lost more to longline releases than I got to the boat but when I did get it to the boat it came in despite my pulling a "Jeanna" and forgetting the NET!

LostLakeClatsopCounty.jpg
As you can see the lake was calm as can be when I took out about 4:30PM.

LostLakeTrophies.jpg
The fish were not as big as what they put into Trillium but they will do. Largest was barely 16".

Now, Do I go back again tomorrow or head for the Columbia and try for a Nook? I have an open seat either way!:rolleyes::think:

GD

C
cddunn
Good catches! Last year my son caught some kind of mutant trout there. Kind of eerie, ha.

J
JeannaJigs
Haha way to get em in while pulling a jeanna without the net! I'm still bummed about that last one of the day a trillium...but the adrenaline was amazing. Who knew trout fishing could do that for me?! My eyes have been opened forever

G
GDBrown
JeannaJigs said:
Haha way to get em in while pulling a jeanna without the net! I'm still bummed about that last one of the day a trillium...but the adrenaline was amazing. Who knew trout fishing could do that for me?! My eyes have been opened forever

I'm sure we could outfit you with a rod and reel with some FLY Line on it!!!! And Dave will most likely tie all the flies you would ever need.

GD

B
bigsteel
Sinkline said:
Nice fat trout Gene! What pattern and method worked for ya?

Randy

10 bucks says gene was using a damsel nymph:lol::lol: way to go gene nice fish :clap:

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice fish gene! i need to get back on some stillwater myself.. itchin for some more trophies!!