Lookout this Sunday

T
Thuggin4Life
Me and my buddy are going to be fishing lookout on sunday for most of the day. All of us ho enjoy fishing lookout should get together and have a friendly fish OFF. Will be launching from signal point sometime early.

R
rainman
Dress WARM !! :D

B
bd2cool
I wish that I know sooner-just made plans to hit Leaburg tomorrow morning for the last time this year.
After next week my finals will be finish so maybe next time.

T
Thuggin4Life
Alright sounds good think I might be out monday as well with TT. Yeah Its going to be cold high 30's and low 40's for lowell in the 5 day forcast. Not much clouds and some sun though. Hopefully it isn't to windy I have been out on the water were the wind was making ice form at crescent. Don't think the water is that cold yet though.

J
JeannaJigs
Would fish it, haven't been up there in a while, but i'll be freezing to death on the Umpqua...assuming the roads are safe enough to get down there in the morning.

T
Thuggin4Life
Good luck you you should be able to get one geard of a few guys getting into them.

B
beaverfan
You might want to rethink it. The National Weather Service says that an arctic blast is coming in. There will be very high winds downsloping off the Cascades both days as well as extremely cold temperatures. Here is a little bit of there Special Weather Statement they just released.

.ARCTIC BLAST HEADED TOWARD NORTHWEST OREGON AND SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON
LATE SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY...
A SERIES OF COLD WEATHER SYSTEMS WILL MOVE ACROSS THE PACIFIC
NORTHWEST OVER THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS. THE FIRST COLD FRONT IS
EXPECTED TO MOVE DOWN FROM BRITISH COLUMBIA AND ACROSS WASHINGTON
AND OREGON TONIGHT. THIS SYSTEM WILL NOT CONTAIN MUCH MOISTURE
BUT A FEW SNOW FLURRIES ARE POSSIBLE IN THE NORTHERN VALLEYS WITH
A SLIGHT CHANCE OF MEASURABLE SNOW IN THE CASCADES.
A REINFORCING...AND MUCH COLDER...SHOT OF ARCTIC AIR WILL ARRIVE
LATE SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY AS AN ARCTIC FRONT SWEEPS WESTWARD
ACROSS THE CASCADES INTO NORTHWEST OREGON AND SOUTHWEST
WASHINGTON. DAYTIME TEMPERATURES WILL REMAIN BELOW FREEZING IN
MANY AREAS OF THE WILLAMETTE VALLEY AND CLARK COUNTY SUNDAY AND
MONDAY. OVERNIGHT TEMPERATURES WILL FALL INTO THE TEENS AND
TWENTIES ALONG WITH INCREASING EASTERLY WINDS.
ON SUNDAY...WIND CHILL VALUES WILL DROP SIGNIFICANTLY. IN THE
COLUMBIA GORGE...WHERE WIND GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH WILL COINCIDE WITH
TEMPERATURES IN THE UPPER TEENS TO LOWER 20S...WIND CHILL VALUES
WILL DROP TO NEAR ZERO AT TIMES. SIMILARLY...WIND CHILL VALUES IN
THE SINGLE DIGITS CAN BE EXPECTED IN THE PORTLAND METRO AREA AND
CLARK COUNTY FOR AREAS NEAR THE GORGE. FINALLY...TEMPERATURES IN
THE CASCADES WILL BE IN THE SINGLE DIGITS WITH WIND CHILLS 10 TO
15 DEGREES BELOW ZERO AT THE PASSES AND RIDGES.
SOME SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS ARE POSSIBLE IN THE CASCADES AND THERE
IS A CHANCE THIS SYSTEM COULD BRING SOME LIGHT SNOW TO VALLEYS.
THIS WILL DEPEND ON HOW THE SYSTEM DEVELOPS AND HOW MUCH MOISTURE
IS AVAILABLE.
IT NOW APPEARS THAT LOW LEVEL COLD AIR WILL REMAIN IN PLACE OVER
SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON AND NORTHWEST OREGON ON MONDAY AND INTO
TUESDAY. TEMPERATURES ALONG THE COAST MAY MODERATE SOME TUESDAY.
YOU SHOULD TAKE ACTION NOW TO PREPARE FOR THE VERY COLD WEATHER.

Current Watches, Warnings and Advisories for Oregon Issued by the National Weather Service

T
Thuggin4Life
Thanks for the heads up. I was out on the siuslaw tide water with 10-15 wind morning and 15-25 wind afternoon. It started getting choppy in the river and for some reason we went back down by the dunes. soon as we went under 101 we met 4-5 foot waves. it was fun for a minute dorking off out there but couldn't fish so we turned around. Also been out on wickiup and siltcoos when it has gotten pretty rough. seen it windy at lookout before. wind makes it hard to fish but its doable. I will be layering up with a few extra layers to help deal with the cold though. But again thanks for the heads up i seen it was suspaosed to 37* for the high up there sunday. If you don't get a fish report by 9 pm sunday call the guard.lol

J
JeannaJigs
I will monitor it closely. I'm getting winter tires put on, but, if it's gonna be a sheet of ice, I'm not gonna pull a trailer. I slowly slid off the road on my way to work yesterday, was only going 20 mph...a fish tailing trailer would be no bueno.

T
Thuggin4Life
JeannaJigs said:
I will monitor it closely. I'm getting winter tires put on, but, if it's gonna be a sheet of ice, I'm not gonna pull a trailer. I slowly slid off the road on my way to work yesterday, was only going 20 mph...a fish tailing trailer would be no bueno.

Yeah unless there just fish tails. those would be good.

T
TTFishon
Thuggin4Life said:
Alright sounds good think I might be out monday as well with TT. Yeah Its going to be cold high 30's and low 40's for lowell in the 5 day forcast. Not much clouds and some sun though. Hopefully it isn't to windy I have been out on the water were the wind was making ice form at crescent. Don't think the water is that cold yet though.

I'm still up for it if you are. I've winter fished up at Crescent before during a blizzard.

T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds like fun. I'll give you a call sunday evening when I get back from fishing. What time you thinking? How long you want to fish?

T
TTFishon
Thuggin4Life said:
Sounds like fun. I'll give you a call sunday evening when I get back from fishing. What time you thinking? How long you want to fish?

Doesn't matter to me. The time line last Sunday was fine. Good luck Sunday.

T
Thuggin4Life
so going by myself tommorrow unless someone wants to go with me

B
bd2cool
Wish that I could make it but I got papers due on Monday and my last final in on Tuesday.
Last term for-I carry a 4.0 gpa in Network Admin.

T
Thuggin4Life
no worried found someone. ill try to remember the camera.