Look at this beast!

M
Mad dog
xltom said:
WE HAVE A WINNER! Way to go Mad Dog! Sutherlan is pretty dam close to Elkton is it not?

30 miles or so. Cooper creek was going to be my 1st guess by looking at the clearcuts above the lake, Lone rock Timber owns a lot of the land around Sutherlin. I just figured Elkton=Loon Lake. :D

Cooper creek is supposed to be stocked again in march, usually before the kiddies are on spring break! :lol:

X
xltom
My Girls family owns land by the yellow creek boat ramp...it's halfway between elkton and sutherlan I think...Uncle Razor gets a room in sutherlan when he visits....I'm not a local so to me that's the elkton area....there's more big ones in there still supposedly...Razor hooked up 3 times the day before I got there and got broke off all three times...I got broke off once the day I went but I think my knot failed....If you go, tie up tight!!! If you see a red and white bobber floating around, check to see if there's a fish on the other end!

Last edited:
T
Throbbit _Shane
xltom said:
My Girls family owns land by the yellow creek boat ramp...it's halfway between elkton and sutherlan I think...Uncle Razor gets a room in sutherlan when he visits....I'm not a local so to me that's the elkton area....there's more big ones in there still supposedly...Razor hooked up 3 times the day before I got there and got broke off all three times...I got broke off once the day I went but I think my knot failed....If you go, tie up tight!!!

Yeah i learned my lesson in Oct. i was using old 4lb line and along with a weak knot was no bueno. My buddy was living in Sutherlin at the time about 7 miles from the Cooper Creek. We also try'd fishing the Calapooya creek with no luck had a few small trout chase the spinners. Cooper creek doesn't seem very deep and when i was there in oct. there was tons of sea weed along the shores about 8 ft. out. I plan on going there next time i drive north.