nwkiller
thanks guys, here is some more color to add to the thread.....19.5" bow

100_0377.jpg

T
Tribal16
Those are some pretty fish! nice job!

R
rippin fish lips
Thanks guys! I went out today to try and get some more colores for you guys. I caught 5 little slime guys ,real colored up and pretty! But sadly i left my phone in the jeep!!

R
rippin fish lips
nwkiller said:
thanks guys, here is some more color to add to the thread.....19.5" bow

100_0377.jpg

Thats a nice one! If u got more, post!

T
Thuggin4Life
I seen that the lake is so low that winberry creek is a creek all the way to the main pool of the lake. also there is only a tiny mudpuddle above the dam. i bet the fish a kegged up in little holes but i am pretty sure that since its all creek and i think the creek is closed that there is no fishing. i did see a sign that said no pwc on the lake so not even a raft. let me know if you decide to go rock hounding.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Those are gorgeous fish. i have a favorite place about an hour from where i live that produces fish colorful like that all year. The water is extemely cold all the time due to snow melt. I wonder if water temp is a factor in the color of the fish.

Here is a picture of one from my spot. It's hard to see the colors in this pic 'cuz it was getting kinda late.

Rainbow.jpg

R
rippin fish lips
Nice fish Jamisonace!!!

By the way... Next year i am gunna give it a go at fly fishing. All you flyfisher folks make me dream about fly fishin in my sleep, haha!! Just from lookin at your pics i can see my self with a fly set up shootin line out! I also have found my self very interested in the "art" of fly fishing.

R
rippin fish lips
So after catching to trout and not bein able to get pics for you guys, i went out last night. 2 Hours of fishing and 2 fish caught. lil 6 inch cuttie, and This pretty mackenzie cut suprised me with an agressive hit and acrobatic show. Collllorrrrrsssss!

morecolorrs.jpg

I went out today for another cold morning native rainbow trip. On the way we got a flat tire, we had to wave someone down to run us into town to pump up the spair, i stayed with the truck. I was so glad to hhave hand warmers!! They got back and we changed the tire.

got on the water by 8:30. 1 hour lost of fishing time. It was cold and slow as can be! out presentations barely got hit. we didn't see a fish until about 11:15am I put on a 1/4oz brass cast master, walked to a spot where i saw 2 fish roll about 40 yards from eachother. I really didn't even know where to cast... so i made a cast along the bank, let my lure sink to bottom. Start realin in and boom fish on! a lil bullie!! Yes, Foul hooked on accident, but i had a fish strike at my lure!! we vcalled it 10 mins after that.

morecolorrs.jpg

jamisonace
jamisonace
We'll welcome you to the flyfishing side of things. Let's talk in the spring and we'll get out for a float on the Willy since your in Springfield too. My boys and I float 3 or 4 times a week from Island to D and catch fish all evening.

It's a super easy float and a great one for you to practice casting.

brandon4455
brandon4455
rippin fish lips said:
Nice fish Jamisonace!!!

By the way... Next year i am gunna give it a go at fly fishing. All you flyfisher folks make me dream about fly fishin in my sleep, haha!! Just from lookin at your pics i can see my self with a fly set up shootin line out! I also have found my self very interested in the "art" of fly fishing.

let me know if you ever want to try it, if im ever down that way to fish again (most likely spring, you are welcome to try my 4wt out. beautiful cutthroat by the way :clap:

R
rippin fish lips
jamisonace said:
We'll welcome you to the flyfishing side of things. Let's talk in the spring and we'll get out for a float on the Willy since your in Springfield too. My boys and I float 3 or 4 times a week from Island to D and catch fish all evening.

It's a super easy float and a great one for you to practice casting.

Hell yeah!!! I love that stretch!! I will be keeping that in mind!

R
rippin fish lips
brandon4455 said:
let me know if you ever want to try it, if im ever down that way to fish again (most likely spring, you are welcome to try my 4wt out. beautiful cutthroat by the way :clap:

Yes!! I know quite a few good holes on the mac! I been fishing it for almost 6 years. I have learned quite a bit, and a crap ton this last 2 years. Still learning more. I plan on slottering the steelies. I can even take you to some steelhead holes that no one really knows about. I watch ppl walk past them all the time lmao. We need to make this happen cuz your down to hike fish and i love hike fishin, taking the hardest trails and wut not.

brandon4455
brandon4455
sounds like a plan!! ill shoot you a message when i can make it down.

T
TTFishon
Nice fish guys! Welcome to the forum Jonson! I think I have that same lure, gonna have to give it a try!

N
nwkiller
More colorrrss

More colorrrss

stayed closer to home today, decided to hit up the trout. We did really good, got into a dozen over 18" bows all on P. Martins and some on yarn and scent. here is some pics.
100_0415.jpg
I think the biggest was 20" or so....it was a great catch and release day! hopefully hit the still later this week. But ill tell you what, the fight some of these put up would have made you think the chrome bullet was on!
100_0413.jpg
100_0416.jpg

T
TTFishon
Way to get out there and get'r done NWK!!! Beautiful fish!!!

N
nwkiller
thanks man, it was cold out there today

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
N
nwkiller
thanks randy!!!

R
rippin fish lips
Wow! It's been a while. Time to catch up.

Wow! It's been a while. Time to catch up.

:D
nwkiller said:
thanks randy!!!

First of all, Sorry for killin this thread. I got real lazy. I will get this Shhhhiiiigoing again.

Nice fish nwkiller!! That water/area looks quite familiar :eek: but i could be way wrong, as a lot of the wilderness looks the same and can play mindtricks:think:

-Brandon nice fish bro, Don't worry about diggin them up :p It's all chill!

I have caught plenty of Nates with colors this winter/year. I just like to take little pictures of the fish to get them back in quick.

Here is 2 that i posted in a another thread, but they need to be on this one to.

Cutthrouat.jpg

Rainbow.jpg

This one is real recent. The picture doesn't do justice on showing the size.

Whitecoverdbridgebow.jpg

If you guys have caught anymore recently, plz share them :)