Live bait Reels

D
Derek
was lookin through cabelas catalog and saw a couple spinning reels that were live bait reels they had a button on the back that I guess free spools the spool to let line out instead of opening the bail I guess kinda working like a baitcast or level wind anyone ever used one of these? thought it might work prety good for bobber fishing. I might try one out i think Cabelas has a 30 day trial period. but if someone else has used one I would like to know what you think.

Troutski
Cool reels...

Cool reels...

I use to have one, I lost it overboard about 14 years ago. I had no idea they still made them, the button does in fact free spool and it would be great as a bobber reel. What model number was it, I would be in line to pick one up my self. Thanks a million...:dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:

Chuck

D
Derek
the ones I saw were made by PENN, Okuma, and cabelas had there own I have the catalog at work I will bring it home in the morning to get you the model numbers. they seem prety reasonable priced to they were all under 100 bucks.

Troutski
Sweet...

Sweet...

the ones I saw were made by PENN, Okuma, and cabelas had there own I have the catalog at work I will bring it home in the morning to get you the model numbers. they seem prety reasonable priced to they were all under 100 bucks.

Look forward to it...

Chuck

D
Derek
Sorry it took so long for the reply troutski but someone took the catalog out of the breakroom but I see drew put up the cabelas website I think I might go with the PENN but still not sure.

T
Troutier Bassier
I have one that dose that. I dont think it works anymore though. It would be great for free drifting.

N
ninja2010
i had a daiwa baitrunner and that was a great one with adjustable freespool tension. it worked great with live bait in the salt, and i'm sure it'll be good for bobber fishing the rivers.