Late season trout in NW Zone

N
Norhex
Hey all, looking for any insight on access spots for trout. The regs list three areas open year round- Hunt Creek, Lewis and Clark river from the Saddle Mountain bridge, and South Fork Klaskanine River (upstream from first falls/RM 4.7).
I've been to Hunt Creek and caught some small cutts. I posted some photos in the trout showoff thread.
Can anyone tell me what direction the Lewis and Clark flows? I've been over the bridge once and noticed some logging roads that may follow the river but I'm not sure which way was upstream.
How do I measure river miles? From google maps it looked like the SF Klaskanine was only ~2 miles long so I don't know where I'd start.

Also, Gales Creek. I know it's Willamette Zone but it's on the way to the coast. I found some good access spots near the Shell station on Hwy 6 but got skunked last week with high water flow. Any tips here?

Aervax
Aervax
The Lewis and Clark River flows north and joins the Columbia right there in Astoria. I have eyed the headwaters while driving alongside it on the way to Seaside to get around a holiday traffic jam on Hwy 101. Once you get above tidewater it looks like a nice little trout stream. Lewis and Clark road parallels the river through some sweet looking farm land in the upper valley. It is more like a creek at that point, at least it was during the summer. I noted several places where the creek came close enough to the road to afford access without crossing private property. I would not call the creek "navigable" there, so you should check to see if one can stay below high water line there without trespassing, or ask permission from a landowner. I also noted logging roads in the forested part of the upper drainage. My impression was that is private timber land. If it is, then an annual access permit would need to be purchased to fish there; and they cost several hundred bucks. There could be some parts of it that are public lands. I was planning to look into that before I try fishing there. Let me know if you are interested in a fishing partner for the NW zone. I am there every couple of weeks. I will be there this coming Thursday through Tuesday with family, and am planning to get out to do a little crabbing from shore and fishing on some of the trout streams. A partner in crime would be welcomed.

S
SmallStreams
Lewis & Clark River is open UPSTREAM of the Saddle Mountain bridge for catch & release trout, very skinny water until a day like today when there's 4"+ of rainfall. At that bridge, it's flowing to the west before it turns north to join the Columbia. If you want keepers this time of year, go to the lakes.

N
Norhex
Going to scope out tributaries on the Tualatin or Yamhill this week. Any tips?

troutdude
troutdude
Don't have 2018 reg book yet; but 2017 regs state "artificial flies and lures only" on both of those streams. So I would toss Little Cleo's, and Thomas Buoyants.

troutdude
troutdude
P.S. Would likely get more responses, if you start a new thread.