Lami, or IM8?...

F
FishSchooler
Or you just could save tons of money and get the IM7 instead oft the8... save hundred or two... They still are great and they are 40 bucks right now, dont wait until they go back to 80 or 90. :D

F
Fishtopher
bigdog said:
So with all said what one you thinking of goiong for bro :lol:

I think Im gonna get the IM8 and the Classic Glass Lamiglass.LOL...What the hay?! As far as a reel for it, I have NEVER bought a brand new reel for myself so I have no idea whats even considered a good reel. All I here about though as far as spinnin reels seem to be all Shimano's that start with a "S". Stradic, Spheric, Sephora, and of course the Shizam...any'a yall have a Shimano reel?

F
Fishtopher
FishSchooler said:
Or you just could save tons of money and get the IM7 instead oft the8... save hundred or two... They still are great and they are 40 bucks right now, dont wait until they go back to 80 or 90. :D

Backtrack a lil and read the first post. IM8's are on sale for 60. Sooo, save 20 or 22...

B
bigdog
Fishtopher said:
I think Im gonna get the IM8 and the Classic Glass Lamiglass.LOL...What the hay?! As far as a reel for it, I have NEVER bought a brand new reel for myself so I have no idea whats even considered a good reel. All I here about though as far as spinnin reels seem to be all Shimano's that start with a "S". Stradic, Spheric, Sephora, and of course the Shizam...any'a yall have a Shimano reel?
Yeah I got a shimano and it is great I love the thing smooth as hell. In fact I have another old shimano reel on my trout set up old black one got in a garrage sale and the thing is still smooth as can be they are good last long

B
bigdog
FishSchooler said:
Not to sure where you shop for stuff but the IM8 is on sale for $60 right now where we are talking about

B
bigdog
Fishtopher said:
Backtrack a lil and read the first post. IM8's are on sale for 60. Sooo, save 20 or 22...
You must have been replying to that at the same time I was :lol:

Troutski
Troutski
Shimano Spinning Reels

Shimano Spinning Reels

Fishtopher said:

I own five of them....two Sustains and three Stradics. I don't believe you can go wrong with any one of the reels in there line. In retro spec I believe I would have bought two more Stradics rather than the last Sustain I purchased. The new models are totally awesome, like having butter in your hand. If you buy a Stradic and you are not satisfied with it; I will buy it from you without hesitation. Easy to work on and clean.....in my opinion it is the finest spinning reel on the market, bar none.

Chuck

F
Fishtopher
Sounds about right...

Sounds about right...

Chuck, thats the same thing I hear from everyone that talks about'em! Never heard anything bad about em...

Troutski
Troutski
Shimano....

Shimano....

Fishtopher said:
Chuck, thats the same thing I hear from everyone that talks about'em! Never heard anything bad about em...

The only bad thing is the price......man the price.;)

Chuck

B
bigdog
Troutski said:
The only bad thing is the price......man the price.;)

Chuck

Yeah they are a little spendy but for sure in most cases and more in the case of a reel YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

F
FishSchooler
Fishtopher said:

Backtrack a little and read about the "Glue-mees".... :lol: I should of beem specific on which rod sorry, but I dunno, his choice. :cool:

F
FishFinger
I've seen six lamis fail in just the last year. One was mine and I had to hike the CC trail twice in one day.... IM8 gets my vote.... And get the GL2.

B
bigdog
FishFinger said:
I've seen six lamis fail in just the last year. One was mine and I had to hike the CC trail twice in one day.... IM8 gets my vote.... And get the GL2.

Are you sure that was you I thought Ali broke his rod :lol::lol:sorry I had to rub tat in his face again when I had the chance

F
FishFinger
bigdog said:
Are you sure that was you I thought Ali broke his rod :lol::lol:sorry I had to rub tat in his face again when I had the chance

Mine broke beaching this coho.
DSCN0048.jpg

F
Fishtopher
What model did you have Dan?

N
nineeleven
Lamiglas or IM8 are nice rods you can't go wrong with either one. However, with the price that you have quoted, I think you only can get one year limited warranty with them, plus whatever happen to the rod you will have to send it to the factory to get it repair. Why not check out some of the shimano rods, they are reasonably(?) price and you can trade them at the counter of your local fishing store if anything happen to them. Plus some will carry a lifetime warranty for the same price as lammi.

Check out Shimano Symetree, really nice reel for the money. I picked one up at Cabelas for $49.99 just the other day. It will be great for crappie.

F
Fishtopher
Love Shimano, for trout...

Love Shimano, for trout...

I personally have never broken a rod. That being said, I probably will now. But when I do, if its via fish, it goes on the wall of fame, probably laying on a nice little 10 point buck rack. I didn't check the warranty on the IM's but the Lami is a one year.

A Shimano rod was the first rod I ever actually paid money for. I love their smaller light action rods, but I have used a Shimano for Salmon fishing and figured I might as well be using a rake handle.

F
Fishtopher
After looking at reels for a while, I kinda like the Pflueger President 6750x. Hehe...I still have an old Pflueger Rocket...ahhh, the good ol' days!
The 6750x has a 4.6:1 ratio, while holding 220 yards of 14lb test weighing in at 1lbs 2.7 ounces, for 65 dollars. Anyone out there like to pfly Pflueger's?
The only other reel I have really looked at is the Shimano Symetre SY4000FJ, 160yds/12lb line, 5.7:1 ratio, weighing in at 14.1oz.. Cheapest I've found is 99 bucks.

Any reel repairmen out there? I sure would like to fish my Pflueger Rocket. As of right now, it sits on an old! square rod. Wish I could remember the name.

F
FishFinger
Ollie Damon could put the fix on it. Downtown Portland next to Andy and Bax on Grand Ave I believe.

The rod in question is / was/ is a Lamiglass Cascade Pro XT 8'.6" 10 -20 lb medium heavy action. I had recently semi- retired a Lami Rock Creek IM7 medium action. Not that the RC was a bad rod, rather I just didn't like the feel of the med action.

This is also the time frame where I bought a friggin ugly stick (med action also, I'm pretty sure I was out of my mind when I bought another med action pole. However I figured I could look like my buddy Andy slayin fish on what one might view as undersized equipment... Yeah one bad idea after another to be sure.

I really wanted to pick up a GL2 but on that day $230.00 was too steep for my budget so I went cheap and paid about $90.00 for the XT. It was ironic as I had to scamper back to my truck in the hatchery parking lot and grab the Rock Creek to fishing the after work outing. Only tagged one fish that day, the one I managed to beach with only 2/3's of a rod.

I have a personal inclination towards stiffer action rods. I think I am planning for the future when I go completely blind and have to resort to fishing braille, all by feel... lol

M
meluvtrout
bigdog said:

Oh no worries... Next time you take a cigarette break, I'd suggest keeping a close eye on your Grigg though. I heard awful stories about these bears, coming out of the woods and jumping on unsuspecting fishermen's rods when they are not looking... :D