Lakes in Eugene

M
Markpunzel
Any good lakes in eugene to do some trout fishing with the kids?

E
eugene1
Check out alton baker. ODFW should list it in their planting schedule, you can also search our forum for info on that pond.

Good luck out there,

T
Throbbit _Shane
I agree with Eugene1 check the stocking's, there's quite a few places around here that get stocked. Also panfish can be a lot fun for kids, bluegils are quite plentiful at Triangle Lake especially in the warmer months.

F
FishNinja
Any camping at triangle?

troutdude
troutdude
Cottage Grove Ponds (South Lane Regional Park), also gets stocked and holds bluegill and bass. Dorena Reservoir, and Cottage Grove Reservoir, also get trout stockings and have warm-water species too.

C
coyo7e
FishNinja said:
Any camping at triangle?
Not really that I'm aware of, the only camping area I know about is a big summer camp type place that does scouts/church/etc summer stuff. I remember going there for a week when I was like 13 or so and somebody's dad threw a fit because I "short-stopped" the salt while it was being passed down the table.. Never went to church camp again.

Unfortunately the only fishing I have done on Triangle was 20 years ago with a bobber and worm off the dock.

There are some really fun natural "water slides" near the fish ladder if you follow the road west past the lake for a little bit. There's a bunch of large holes that you can sit down inside (some of them have holes between them and the nearest holes, good prank if you get a girlfriend in there and then tell them about the "eel problem" in the area.) In nice weather you can find them pretty easily by looking for folks parked on the side of the road, don't keep any open containers around though because somebody with a ticket book WILL swing by when it's the right time of year for folks to be hootin' it up down there!

troutdude
troutdude
coyo7e said:
There are some really fun natural "water slides" near the fish ladder if you follow the road west past the lake for a little bit.

The last time that I was there (summer of 1978), since I was last there but...not too far from where the river flows out of the lake...is a place known as "slide rock". You can actually sit down, and then slide on down to the hole at the bottom. It's much like the gunny sack carnival slides, of days gone by--but with nice cool water!

B
Blackdiamond1983
Let's not forget to mention the high mercury levels in cottage grove lake and dorena

C
coyo7e
troutdude said:
The last time that I was there (summer of 1978), since I was last there but...not too far from where the river flows out of the lake...is a place known as "slide rock". You can actually sit down, and then slide on down to the hole at the bottom. It's much like the gunny sack carnival slides, of days gone by--but with nice cool water!
Yeah this is the spot. There's a fish ladder right next to it (I was last there in probably '00-'01). I wouldn't recommend bringing a bunch of buddies and beer, because someone's gonna break a tailbone eating it on those rocks - they're slick but they're still rocks when you fall on your keister!

B
Blackdiamond1983
Jst a heads up about the rock slides. They are packed with people on hot days and people walking around nude so I dont recommend taking kids. On a side note if you do go down the rock slide wear jean shorts you will wear a hole in them after a few trips.

troutdude
troutdude
Blackdiamond1983 said:
On a side note if you do go down the rock slide wear jean shorts you will wear a hole in them after a few trips.

Solid advice!