Kokanee near Eugene?

T
Thuggin4Life
Here the are...

B
Banjo
fourgotten said:
Ideally, leaving after a normal breakfast time and arriving at home just in time for a late dinner after catching our limits in fish... So preferably within 60 miles or so... but the closer the better... seriously considering heading out to Dexter to try on some of those land-locked Chinook that someone was talkin' 'bout, too... *grin*

I fished it yesterday and caught 6. Are you going to bank fish or use a boat?

Last edited:
F
fourgotten
B
Banjo
Dexter

Dexter

fourgotten said:

I recommend the South west end of the lake and the water just west of the bridge.
That's where I had the best luck on Friday.

B
boberdown
Oregonchris said:
Triangle Lake

Detroit Lake

Green Peter Reservoir

Lemolo Reservoir

Lost Lake

Timothy Lake

Elk Lake

Lake Simtustus

Lake Billy Chinook

Suttle Lake

Big Lake

Elk Lake

Paulina Lake

East Lake

Wickiup Reservoir

Davis Lake

Odell Lake

Waldo Lake

Crater Lake

Fourmile Lake

Lake of the Woods

Olive Lake

Wallowa Lake

Heart Lake

Crescent Lake

Odell Creek

Paulina Creek

wallowa lake in march is incredible!

T
twoelk48
Good morning

Good morning

I am not sure how far Green Petter Lake is from Eugene but it is an alwful pretty lake and I have done quite well there trolling for Kokanee. Just shoot up I-5 and exit like your going to Brownsville and Sweethome Oregon then on up to the lake. My mother inlaw lives in Sweethome. Kent

B
Banjo
It's about 60 miles from Eugene to Green Peter Res.
twoelk48 said:
I am not sure how far Green Petter Lake is from Eugene but it is an alwful pretty lake and I have done quite well there trolling for Kokanee. Just shoot up I-5 and exit like your going to Brownsville and Sweethome Oregon then on up to the lake. My mother inlaw lives in Sweethome. Kent

C
capblack
isn't there a quicker way to get to sweet home going the back way through springtucky. seems like that would be better, if you go i5 your backtracking a little up to gp. Brian

B
Banjo
Still pretty close to 60 miles even when you go back way through Marcola.
capblack said:
isn't there a quicker way to get to sweet home going the back way through springtucky. seems like that would be better, if you go i5 your backtracking a little up to gp. Brian

F
Finneus Polebender
fourgotten said:
Ideally, leaving after a normal breakfast time and arriving at home just in time for a late dinner after catching our limits in fish... So preferably within 60 miles or so... but the closer the better... seriously considering heading out to Dexter to try on some of those land-locked Chinook that someone was talkin' 'bout, too... *grin*

Dont forget Odell probably 60 min + but when the bite is on have caught boat loads and some in the 16-18 inch range . Darn things are on and off biters though. Also have caught some very nice rainbows near the shores.