Klamath Lake fishing

C
Caveman
steelhead_stalkers said:
Thats cool! That is the stretch of the lake we have fish the two times out. We fished some shallows too that had a lot of fish rolling. Should be a good year over there!

I could tell that was where you were fishing from watching your video. It was a nice touch also when the camara panned down to the end of the line to show the lure that the fish was caught on. I am gonna give it a try Sunday and hope to add another fish to Cody's map!

K
kfallscody
As long as the weather forecast holds, we will be out there on Sunday as well. Mostly to put some hours on the motor but I am sure I won't be able to resist getting some lines wet :)

C
Caveman
Don't any of you guys ever work? What are ya doin playing on the computer in the middle of the work week!?;)

K
kfallscody
LOL, well that is the benefit of being your own boss I guess :). Am doing some online training right now and with dual monitors, got the training on one screen and the forum on the other :)

C
Caveman
Yeah I am flipping between windows myself. Cutting checks in one window and day dreaming while posting to the forum in this window. Ain't it great working for yourself!

C
cougarjim
Well I hate to make everyone sick but I am retired.

Jim

C
Caveman
cougarjim said:
Well I hate to make everyone sick but I am retired.

Jim

That don't make me sick, just envious! I'll be retired as soon as I can get one of my bone head kids smartened up enough to take over my business...

C
cougarjim
Caveman
The kid where you were holding that fish looks pretty smart to me. You better start training him, then you can fish every day.

Jim

Last edited:
C
Caveman
That was my grandson, I aint waitin around for him to take over. I got a 25 year old boy that best be running this joint within the next five years. That'll put me at 55 and it will be time for a new boat and summers spent fishin in Alaska!

K
kfallscody
I do rather enjoy being self employed 98% of the time. that other 2% though I REALLY wish I worked a standard 9-5 job for somebody else. :)

My dad just retired as well so he has been itching for the nicer weather to take his boat out and scare up some fish himself. Seeing how much he is enjoying it makes me jealous but man he worked HARD for a long time to get there. :)

C
cougarjim
Damn caveman now I'm envious. New boat, fishing in Alaska. I guess I'll just settle for fishing the local lakes with my old Champion bass boat. It may be old but it's paid for.

Jim

Last edited:
C
Caveman
kfallscody said:
I do rather enjoy being self employed 98% of the time. that other 2% though I REALLY wish I worked a standard 9-5 job for somebody else. :)

You got that right! The freedom is great MOST of the time, but when the crap hits the fan and you are the one with the ultimate responsibility, well sometimes that can really suck.:( But being able to leave the office and fish on the nice days, thats priceless!:lol:

C
Caveman
cougarjim said:
Damn caveman now I'm envious. New boat, fishing in Alaska. I guess I'll just settle for fishing the local lakes with my old Champion bass boat. It may be old but it's paid for.

Jim

Don't be envious yet, hell I'm still daydreaming while I fish in my little beatup 12 foot Valco and ancient 9.5 evinrude. Check with me in 5 years and see if I was able to make the dream come true.

C
cougarjim
Caveman said:
Don't be envious yet, hell I'm still daydreaming while I fish in my little beatup 12 foot Valco and ancient 9.5 evinrude. Check with me in 5 years and see if I was able to make the dream come true.

Hey life would suck without our dreams.

Jim

C
cougarjim
Does anyone on here plan on fishing the Klamath lake Derby in April? I am planning on it depending on the weather. I don't gamble but it would probably beat throwing away money at Klamoya. At least I will enjoy the day on the lake.

Jim

K
kfallscody
I was thinking about giving it a shot :) Want to get a bit more experience on the lake before then though. I fished from the shore in last years tourny... no luck.. but I did learn that the boat ramps and parking will be the biggest pain of the day!

C
Caveman
I am thinkin about it too. I wonder if ya could launch the night before and camp out the night before the tourny? That would be way better than fighting the crowds at the launches on the day of the tournament.

K
kfallscody
Wow, well nothing like the last minute catch to win the day :).

I have never really been a fan of the jon boat, or any flat bottom boat. They just don't really do well in the rough water and as I know all too well, that lake can get rough FAST! :)

C
cougarjim
(Quote from Cody)
I have never really been a fan of the jon boat, or any flat bottom boat. They just don't really do well in the rough water and as I know all too well, that lake can get rough FAST!

What happened with your incident on the lake last year? Maybe more people should know about these things for safety reasons.

Last edited:
T
Throbbit _Shane
Im gonna talk to someone about taking there boat over there for the derby this year. Theyre Klamath indian so i might have an advantage :)

Last year i was offered a seat on his boat to fish the williamson river but somethin came up, this year i hope to fish for those monster trout :D