Just thought I would introduce myself!

T
Trouts66
:D Hi everyone! I just thought I would say HI here for the first time! I love the Rogue as I spent a lot of summers up there at my grandma's old cabin. It was across from the Rogue River Regional park (Or Shady Cove Regional Park??) Yikes forgot the name! Fishing as a kid and I still LOVE the Rogue! I am coming up to that area in early August this Summer. How is the fishing near that area then? I don't have a boat so it will be shore fishing! I got a great steelhead using a live nightcrawler the last time I fished there, back in Oct 2006.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to our "little" family! :D I also love the Rogue, it is a great fishery and so much water to explore. Unfortunately, I haven't been there in a while, so I don't have any useful info for you. But I'm sure we have members in the know who will chime in soon. Sorry you're stuck in Salinas for now, but a trip north will make it bearable for a while longer...:lol:

E
eugene1
Welcome! do you do any fishing in CA?

O
OnTheFly
Hey Trouts, do you have any experience on the Sac?

T
Trouts66
Hi! I do some around a couple of reservoirs within a 50 mile radius of Salinas. I haven't caught too many good fish. Usually it's crappie or bass. The trout out here is farm raised,YUK!! I usually end up using those for fertilizer! Crappie/bass is good eating. But nothin' beats the wild trout and salmon out of Oregon! :) And I am looking so forward to moving up there! hopefully by the end of the year!

T
Trouts66
Hi, thanks for your warm welcome! I know a trip up your way will be very good therapy for me! :) I won't want to come back to Salinas,or Cali for that matter! I love the people I have met up in Oregon! :) And ya just can't beat the fishin!

T
Trouts66
Hi FLy! :) I haven't really done any fishing on the Sac at all. Or the Delta.

W
waco
Welcome to off trout66! I'm sure you gonna fall in love with Oregon if you haven't already! :lol: everybody does!!

O
OnTheFly
Well I forgive you. the Sacramento might be over rated.lol. Halibuthitman once told me that if you can't catch a fish on the Rogue then you can't fish. Must be an awesome place. Lucky you!

E
eat, sleep, fish
August is a great time for summer steelhead on the upper Rogue. Salmon fishing will be closed up by Shady Cove, but the summer kings will be in around Gold Hill, and the fall run will just be showing up below Grants Pass. It's definitely a great time of year here in Southern Oregon.

L
lilsalmon
Welcome!!!! :dance:

jamisonace
jamisonace
I fish a lot above Shady Cove when I'm working in Medford. I found that a great little wading spot is at the Elk Creek confluence with the Rogue. I've always had it to myself when I've been there. If you are there into Sept be sure to put the bait away. A popular way to fish when you can't use bait is using spinning gear with a large stonefly under a bobber (bobber and bug). Good luck

N
NiceBass66
Hi Jamisonace, Nice to meet you! I will be coming up to the Rogue in the second week of August this Summer! Can't wait! My little vacation! Hope the fishing is good up there then! Maybe I'll see you up there!

H
Hendo30
Welcome my Jungle Friend....Thanks for the introduction...

N
NiceBass66
Thanks Hendo! Hey, does anyone on here know of a place that will fillet and vacuum pack any fish I catch while I am up there?? Somewhere in Southern Oregon, please! I can whack the head off and clean the fish, I suck at filleting! I cannot find any fish market that will do this for me unless I send it up North or to the Coast, rather not do that if I can avoid it! Thanks in advance! Carrie

Last edited: