Just moved to Bandon

T
tdales
Hey Everyone, Just moved to Bandon, from Norhern CA and would like to start gettin' my line wet up here. Any tips on where I should start. I would prefer river or stream fishin. Thanx
 
B
bigsteel
good to have you in oregon,,,the rogue is a great river,,as is the coquille which u are closer to...
 
P
plumb2fish
Coquille, Coos, Millacoma, Ten mile/eel creeks, Umpqua, Elk, Sixes, Rogue, Pistol, Chetco. Not to mention the small creeks which most have native runs of fish. There are Steelhead in all of the central/south coast streams now until April. Some of the south coast streams may still even have a few salmon in them until Feb. Go out and do some exploring you are located near many of the best winter fishing streams on the Oregon coast.:)
 
H
HARDWOODFLOORGUY
tdales said:
Hey Everyone, Just moved to Bandon, from Norhern CA and would like to start gettin' my line wet up here. Any tips on where I should start. I would prefer river or stream fishin. Thanx

hey,you didn't tell anyone back home where ya moved did ya?
we seen what them there californians did to their home down there and we dont want them coming up here ruining our home anymore,,,heehee!
i would leave that liberal s*@#hole too!
your welcome to oregon as long as you don't want to stop logging,hunting,fishing and don't want a gun ban and dont vote for obama again in 2012.other than that you'll be ok if you by a ducks or beavers hat!
 
A
autofisher
My favorite places over there are the Umpqua, Coquille, and Ten Mile. If you're up for trout, there are so many lakes over there that your head'll spin.
 
F
fishkiller
Fish the Coos and Millicoma river systems. I have a good friend on the S.T.E.P. board down there and they are doing good things down there. The numbers are up and should be increasing yearly. Check them out.
 
W
womanwhofishes
Drive 101 there is lakes everywhere!
 
R
Razz
Garason lake LOTS of steelhead from the Elk hatchery (this lake has New Zealand mud snails) small boat float tube etc and spinners or fly's .
 
Last edited:
D
deejay
Elk and sixes are pretty close but it's pretty much a drift boat thing but were still gettin chinook. Laverne park out fairview is a good spot for steelies lots of bank access up there I'm gonna drop the boat in there tomarrow this river can clear up in a matter of hours
 
T
tdales
Hey thanks evryone for all your great tips. My comp. was down with a virus so I couldn't check on here. Probably gonna go hit up the elk 2 morrow, with my Dad who's up visiting. I'll keep you guys posted on how we do.
Thanks again.
Oh to HARDWOODFLOORGUY- All of your concerns are exactly why I left brother!
 
R
Razz
tdales said:
Hey thanks evryone for all your great tips. My comp. was down with a virus so I couldn't check on here. Probably gonna go hit up the elk 2 morrow, with my Dad who's up visiting. I'll keep you guys posted on how we do.
Thanks again.
Oh to HARDWOODFLOORGUY- All of your concerns are exactly why I left brother!
Not sure about the height of the Coquille may want to CHECK it out also:shock:
 
T
tdales
Went to Laverne Park Thurs. Got skunked, but it was a good learning experience. One Guy did bring in a pig though. About 36inch and around 16 lbs. It was a nice fish. He fought the sucker for about 30 min. On another note, I have to say I haven't been in Or. long, but you guys are much more open about where to go what to use ect. Just wanted to say I respect your guys knowledge and overall attitude towards fishing. CA is so much different, You can't hardly get a tip out of anyone.

For example: I approached a guy out there at the park on thurs. Askin him if he'd take a look at my set up and tell me if I'm waistin' my time or if it looks alright. He proceeded to give me a few things out of his collection and invited me to fish with his dad and brother and refused to take payment for his offerings. Just makes for a nice time out on the river, when you're fishin' with good dudes.
 
R
Razz
tdales said:
Went to Laverne Park Thurs. Got skunked, but it was a good learning experience. One Guy did bring in a pig though. About 36inch and around 16 lbs. It was a nice fish. He fought the sucker for about 30 min. On another note, I have to say I haven't been in Or. long, but you guys are much more open about where to go what to use ect. Just wanted to say I respect your guys knowledge and overall attitude towards fishing. CA is so much different, You can't hardly get a tip out of anyone.

For example: I approached a guy out there at the park on thurs. Askin him if he'd take a look at my set up and tell me if I'm waistin' my time or if it looks alright. He proceeded to give me a few things out of his collection and invited me to fish with his dad and brother and refused to take payment for his offerings. Just makes for a nice time out on the river, when you're fishin' with good dudes.

NOW get all your gear ready for Wed.Steelhead on the Elk,Hunter Creek or maybe check with someone about around Elkton;)or NF Umpqua plunking then by Fri drift fishing (do not use yarnies:clap:) If you are not retired disreguard all the above.
 
W
womanwhofishes
last time i fished laverne it was full of eels..
 

Similar threads

E
Replies
15
Views
596
troutdude
troutdude
I
Replies
31
Views
2K
BeaverFalls
BeaverFalls
R
Replies
10
Views
744
Grant22
Grant22
jenniferwillow
Replies
9
Views
394
Irishrover
Irishrover
The Guides Forecast
Replies
3
Views
2K
The Guides Forecast
The Guides Forecast
Top Bottom