Is North Fork Res. closed at this time?

W
wozniasm
Not sur eof the close date. Anybody have the actual date?
I thought I'd might get out there Saturday or Sunday if it's open.

W
waco
It's open in fact was stocked this week!!! you'll find a lot of snow there!!!!
NORTH FORK RESERVOIR: trout Stocked this week with 3,500 legal-sized rainbo this stocking is in addition to 3,500 trout the w Sept. 5 and 16,700 trout the week of Aug. 29. N Fork is a 350-acre reservoir on the Clackamas miles south of Estacada off of Hwy 224.

Last edited:
W
wozniasm
Thanks Waco but snow? I didn't think the elevation was high enough or the snow level low enough at this point.

I guess your right! I checked on the elevation and they said it's about 4000 feet above sea level. That surprized me. I know my ears pop once getting to it which means to me a 1000 foot elevation change (the highest peak of 224 getting there from Ectacada).

Last edited:
W
waco
Well I might be wrong!! But estacada had some snow yesterday so I thought there is gotta be snow up there!!

W
wozniasm
Not saying you're wrong at all Waco. if Estacada got some, then the reservoir could have as well.
One way to confirm it is getting there so I'm going to hit it either today or tomorrow and let you know...

W
wozniasm
More info I found:
North Fork Reservoir
Reservoir in Clackamas County, Oregon, USA.
Latitude: 45.24306 : Longitude: -122.28611 : Elevation: 500 ft

Since Estacada is actually higher than the reservoir, I may hit snow in the city but once over the peak, it may be snow free at the water level...

O
ORTC
Waco, I think I know where you read about the stocking "this week". I'm afraid that particular entry hasn't been updated for a while. I think it refers to the stocking of the week of 9/19. Just my intepretation.

M
Mattdm22
Regs say North Fork Res. closed October 31st.

4. North Fork Reservoir upstream to
Milepost 32 on Hwy. 224
• Open May 28-Oct. 31.
• Only adipose fin-clipped rainbow trout may be taken, 5 per day except no limit on size or
number of brook or brown trout taken. Catch limits for adipose fin-clipped rainbow trout
do not apply to brook or brown trout.

W
wozniasm
Yep, it's closed. I went up and found all gates closed and the marina closed up for the winter. Snow (about an inch) on the hill just before the reservoir but Estacada had none.
So, I went to St. Louis Ponds to get skunked but did see one of two biggies taken, one ranging around 6 pounds and heard the other was about 12.

S
StonedRanger
Estacada is only about 400 feet elevation, so Im pretty sure that north fork is not much higher than maybe 500 feet. Harriet lake is way higher than north fork res and harriet lake is around 2500 feet.

yer pal brian