Inflatable drift boat

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
well, looks like I found my next boat, the floor uses the same 'drop-stitch' technology as my i11s to provide a flat rigid inflated floor...

http://creekcompany.com/product.php?productid=16447&cat=282&page=1

IWHtVdl.jpg

I wonder if that bar across the front is called the "oh crap" bar...

D
DrTheopolis
That's not a drift boat -- it's a "raft." Which I'm sure will negotiate the rivers extremely well. A little short on room, but it depends what you want to do with it that dictates viability.

Although it seems like the poor SOB sitting in front is going to get mighty wet in winter. But not needing a trailer is a huge bonus. Stowing rods, especially if you bring multiples, looks difficult (especially being inflatable -- hooks are a much bigger issue than aluminum... a hard-earned lesson for me).

Just throwing out pros and cons. Biggest pro -- gets you on the water. If you have the place to store it and a vehicle to haul it, I'd still recommend an aluminum DB... the bigger, the better.

P
pinstriper
DrTheopolis;n600394 said:
That's not a drift boat -- it's a "raft." Which I'm sure will negotiate the rivers extremely well. A little short on room, but it depends what you want to do with it that dictates viability.

Although it seems like the poor SOB sitting in front is going to get mighty wet in winter. But not needing a trailer is a huge bonus. Stowing rods, especially if you bring multiples, looks difficult (especially being inflatable -- hooks are a much bigger issue than aluminum... a hard-earned lesson for me).

Just throwing out pros and cons. Biggest pro -- gets you on the water. If you have the place to store it and a vehicle to haul it, I'd still recommend an aluminum DB... the bigger, the better.

This is ridiculous.

The best option is to have a buddy who has a drift boat, and convince him you have a bad back and can't row.

Reactions: troutdude and Fishnbuck
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
my plan would be to run this solo from the back seat, no need for the front seat or bar (my dog doesn't need a seat)....

just looks like a wide fishing kayak to me, with oars instead of a Mirage Drive, and I can pack it into my SUV and run the same rapids that normal drift boats run...

C
Camo
I like it Rodger !I I would like it much better if it was made out of wood.
(Bring your tire pump!)

I
indyflyer
NRS does offer an inflatable drift boat called the "Freestone Drifter Boat". Has the drop stitch floor and lots of seating, only $5,495 and free shipping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
indyflyer;n600401 said:
NRS does offer an inflatable drift boat called the "Freestone Drifter Boat". Has the drop stitch floor and lots of seating, only $5,495 and free shipping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow, that is an interesting boat- big, heavy and way expensive. T.Rex mini-drifter is so far the only solo drift-raft that I have seen that one person can carry (hull- 65#, frame-seats- 50#).

D
DrTheopolis
pinstriper;n600396 said:
This is ridiculous.

The best option is to have a buddy who has a drift boat, and convince him you have a bad back and can't row.

And that's exactly how I do it.

hobster
hobster
Thanks for sending the link to that raft Roger, I ended up browsing and got a new pontoon for $300 on sale from $500 and free shipping! One of my pontoons on my current one is flat so it was around $100 for a new pontoon or $300 for a whole new boat. ODC classic sport, prefect for the rivers and lakes I fish, nothin too fancy.

By the way that thing you're looking at is super cool, if you need someone to navigate the "Oh s**t" bar gimme a call!

Reactions: rogerdodger