In Memory of GDBrown

E
eggs
Irishrover said:
I had not heard. Last time I saw Gene he was driving across the dam at Trillium pulling his little drifter. That was at the September OFF function. The first time I fished with him we were at Harriot in my drift boat with OTF. Someone talked a bunch of us into a January fishing trip at Harriot. Gene OTF and I were nice and warm with my propane heater going. We had fun watching Eggs and Ninjia out there fishing in the cold.

I remember the hail stome very well....right Rose. I tried to make it to the island where Jim and Gene were but my arms could not get the boat to move over there.

God bless you Gene. I'll remember you especially when fishing for browns like we did at Harriot lake.
you guys and your damn heater all warm and stuff

C
collegekidusa
Had the opportunity to meet Gene once, Great Guy!!! :)

Reactions: OnTheFly
L
lilsalmon
Irishrover said:
I had not heard. Last time I saw Gene he was driving across the dam at Trillium pulling his little drifter. That was at the September OFF function. The first time I fished with him we were at Harriot in my drift boat with OTF. Someone talked a bunch of us into a January fishing trip at Harriot. Gene OTF and I were nice and warm with my propane heater going. We had fun watching Eggs and Ninjia out there fishing in the cold.

I remember the hail stome very well....right Rose. I tried to make it to the island where Jim and Gene were but my arms could not get the boat to move over there.

God bless you Gene. I'll remember you especially when fishing for browns like we did at Harriot lake.

That was a great trip! We were also stuck smack in the middle of the river. That was some painful hail. IR on the sticks was pretty impressive also.

O
OnTheFly
I sad goodbye to Gene today and got to meet his family and friends. Gene was surrounded his whole life by outstanding people. I talked fishing stories with his wife Marta and his son Kyle. Kyle mentioned he placed one his dad's favorite caddis flies with him in case he'll need it. I'm sure he will.

L
lilsalmon
Thank you, Jim, for attending the funeral. I tried to get someone to cover for me so that I could go, but obviously was unsuccessful. I sent a card today with some of my thoughts about Gene and how much I enjoyed him. Tight lines, Gene.

Reactions: JeannaJigs
V
veilside180sx
I was there as well, but didn't make it till the funeral.

I'm building Kyle a rod in memory of Gene though.

Reactions: lilsalmon, wozniasm and OnTheFly
W
wozniasm
Thanks for attending Jim. I made plans to attend but I had an alergic reaction on Friday and was unable to drive.
I'm glad his son gave Gene a fly - that was going to be my intent...

V
Van
A shame. I never got to meet him but exchanged a couple messages with him and he seemed a great guy. Hopefully now he is somewhere that there is always a great hatch going on.

Reactions: OnTheFly
W
wozniasm
veilside180sx said:
I was there as well, but didn't make it till the funeral.

I'm building Kyle a rod in memory of Gene though.

Thank you as well!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Sad to hear of this. I met Gene for the first time this year at the Trillium Gathering. He was a great guy and will be missed.

One of the days we shared the lake together I happen to look over and see Gene grab for his rod with a fish on and I rowed over to him to film because I seen it was a nice one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH7QvsQZt3E

B
bigsteel
a lot of good memories of gene around this site,i will really miss him,but 1 day we will throw dries again.