Foul.

W
waco
I will try to give carp some respect!!!

K
Kevinb5688
took a picture

took a picture

had to go back to my spot to catch carp for crab bait, caught 8 kept 4. heres a decent one for bait size.
kevins ocean fish 003.jpg

R
RunWithSasquatch
Excellent use of them!

B
bassman503
I have tried carp before.. And it was not nasty. Its pretty flavorless but a good sauce and spice will make it good. Its almost like cod.. But mushier. One of our relative only eats carp and tosses steelhead and salmon.. He says to catch the smaller fishes but make sure their heads have a hump or so before leading to the mouth? As they do taste better. Not bad for a hated fish. 6/10. Tastes better and is far more nutritional than HATCHERY TROUT! GO HATE ON HATCHERY TROUT to all those who have a problem with carp. They are difficult to catch.. but i agree that it is all about the location. Much easier to catch a carp in an area with 30+ carp than a place with 5.

F
Fisher.King
Edit: I should read the whole post before replying more XD

If you're fishing in a small duck pond in a park that isn't connected to a river, I would release them. Somewhere like the Mackenzie or Willamette I wouldn't consider throwing them back alive. The pond I show in the map link I would only do catch and release in since the bass and bluegill are surviving just fine along side the carp somehow. I have been going to the pond daily for 3 years and on a regular basis for over 8 years and haven't noticed any changes in turbidity or population of any of the fish. It's almost perfect [sarcasm]Thanks Beltline[/sarcasm].

As for catfish bait: nightcrawlers, whole chicken livers, or store-bought/homemade stinkbait designed for cats is the only thing I use for them. Never made any home made catfish bait though, just tried my first recipe for carp boilies (in another post.) You should fish them all on the bottom.

smokemwhenucatchem:

AAAnd one last thing, bowfishing in the Long Tom. I started bowfishing just over a month ago now and the only places I've been are the Long Tom and the Amazon Canal (between Fir Butte Road and Fern Ridge, that's also me in the pictures at the top of the homepage :).) Just from the 2 trips that I've taken carp on, I have learned a lot and I haven't even branched out from under the dam much. I'll pm you a bunch of information I've learned to keep the post semi short.

Last edited:
G
Gymnistico
about that carp fishing spot...?

about that carp fishing spot...?

Kevinb5688 said:
But the long tom seems to have way to many in it. If any of you guys live around monroe oregon i will tell you where im fishing.

Hey, so can I get gps coordinates or a bookmark for googlemaps or something. I am in corvallis so monroe is only half an hour or so away.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
The carp cleaning vid was epic. How often do you see someone bust out the power tools to clean a fish?

You couldn't pay me to a eat a carp that came out of any of the waters around here - too much pollution. Supposedly, if they're taken out of clean, cold water - they're actually good to eat. You don't find a lot of carp in clean, cold water around here.

D
Drew9870
I'm trying to give a fish respect... Which is why I never release them.

:lol:

V
Van
It seems the op is complaining about how easy they are to catch while doing everything he can to make it as easy as possible. If you want a challenge, get them to eat an artificial fly.

C
christanimus
man those carps eat just about anything huh