I'm coming home!!!

L
Lowell Life Fisherman
Hello all i just wanted to share the news with everyone that knows or does not know me! I have been away from oregon(my home):miserable: for 4 years now and missed out on my passions for fishing chrome and stck hunting bulls. I have been serving my time in the navy in the midwest losing my mind seeing all this chrome pics on here and constantly dreaming about the time that i get to move back to gods country(oregon). It has been an extremly long time coming but however i have recently recieved word that they will allow me to come home early do to budget cuts and government shutdown!!!!! so........ i would just like to share, fish beware! IM COMING HOME!!!!!!!

OH and BTW.... I have a lot of catching/making up to do, so if anyone feels generous im open to any and all fishing trips:thumb:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Woo hoo!! Good for you! Thank you for willingly serving your country and keeping freedom alive! :hi: I am sure you will find plenty of fish when you get back and we will be glad to have you. :thumb:

F
FishFinger
Thank you for your service and welcome back to Oregon.

L
Lowell Life Fisherman
yes thank you all, i have confidence i will get on the fish in no time! i am hoping to be back there in the next couple of weeks! i could not possibly be anymore excited than i am about coming home!!!!

troutdude
troutdude
Thank you for your service, and sacrifices!

The fish are trembling; cuz they know your coming!!!

L
Lowell Life Fisherman
i hope so, im just hoping i get back and get some slaw chrome fishing in before they turn black and red on me.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
great you are getting back to Oregon after being away from the NW, I sure know how that feels...and thanks for serving and there must be some humor to be found in "serving my time in the navy in the Midwest"...Navy? Midwest? :lol:

get back quick enough we might still have chrome here on the coast! cheers, roger

L
Lowell Life Fisherman
believe me there is a ton of humor "where are all the ships ported in nebraska?" haha believe me i had heard it all. however im here for the aviation side of the navy lol. FYI the navy does have a lot of planes hahahaha. but seriously never imagined signing my name to the navy i would be in the midwest.

Man I want to feel those deep head shakes again!!!!!

Casting Call
Casting Call
What rogerdoger said. X2 Tony

bass
bass
Welcome back!

Now drop and catch me a 20 - lb that is :)

Irishrover
Irishrover
Welcome back to Oregon and thanks for your time. Hang onto that DD 214!

T
troutmasta
:hi: Thank you for your sercvice,

Now go bring home some meat for the freezer!

L
Lowell Life Fisherman
the DD 214 will be laminated and hung on the wall you can believe that!!!
@ bass I will catch you a 25lbr!!!
Troutmasta as long as they are still in and still silver I will fill my freezer quick!

M
mikeredding
Congrats. I still remember the day I came home from the Navy almost 22 years ago. One of the best days of my life.

L
Lowell Life Fisherman
mike I cannot wait!

H
Hawk
Lowell Life Fisherman said:
the DD 214 will be laminated and hung on the wall you can believe that!!!
@ bass I will catch you a 25lbr!!!
Troutmasta as long as they are still in and still silver I will fill my freezer quick!

Welcome back to "Home Sweet Home", Bro......I got my DD 214 laminated when we were on the Mekong River

:thumb:

Catch some bigguns'...

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
So...not being a former military person, I'm guessing this DD 214 thingy has to do with being discharged? Cuz, I'm fairly sure it doesn't have a fin, or if it does we don't have them in Oregon...just sayin' :popcorn:

Irishrover
Irishrover
The Department of Defense form 214 aka DD 214 is proof of your military service. It's a summary of your service and is required to be shown when you apply for some benefits. Before I went to DMV and had the veterans lable put on my drivers license I used to take my DD 214 to Lowes to get their 10% veterans discount. Lowes and a few other stores are generous in the way they treat vets.

Lowell Life that's something you should consider, going to DMV and having your license stamped.

Last edited:
M
mikeredding
Irishrover said:
Lowell Life that's something you should consider, going to DMV and having your license stamped.

Definitely worth it.

L
Lowell Life Fisherman
that is a great idea! thanks everyone for those helpful hints, the 29th will be my final day active duty and ill be headed home soon after!