I swear it's cheating!!!

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
meh, ill just stick to my ditch fishin' :)

May be ditch fishin but just like this spot yours is one of few left that can truely qualify as a sure deal literally any time which can be awesome when fishin is slow every where else.

T
TTFishon
tomriker said:
KILL ALL THE TROUT! they are a nuisance

:lol::lol::lol:

S
SturgeonSurgeon
Thanks to all that replied. Just a fun little spot that produces a ton of big smallies and the best thing is 95 percent of the time we get to throw them back and do it all over again some other day.

H
halibuthitman
tomriker said:
KILL ALL THE TROUT! they are a nuisance
he he he, I feel the same way about salmon...

B
Boo
I fish in that spot regularly. I usually lose track of how many fish I caught. I catch a lot of 10-12 inch fish. And it seems like every trip I catch at least one real hog around 14 inches. Even fish as short as 12 inches are sometimes pretty big fish. Some of these fish have some serious GIRTH! I think that's because there is an abundance of food. Anyway, it's a fun spot where the bite is nearly always on.

S
SturgeonSurgeon
Yeah it's a lot of fun. Trying to keep the spot a secrect though so it doesn't get to crowded. Maybe we will see each other down there some day!

T
TTFishon
SturgeonSurgeon said:
Yeah it's a lot of fun. Trying to keep the spot a secrect though so it doesn't get to crowded. Maybe we will see each other down there some day!

If you want to keep it a secret then why would you post a pic on here? lol

S
SturgeonSurgeon
Because just seeing the pic will not show you or tell you where it is. It is quit hidden. I just wanted to show it off not tell people where it was. If you feel that you can find it then be my guest. Also just so you all know you have to get a permit to use the property and only locals may get one......so anybody out of town is out of luck.

H
halibuthitman
Its perfectly ok to post pics for the sake of bragging, im all for it... the spot mentioned is full of a bunch of dinks, heck out on the channel has fish twice the size. I would caution about being cocky and acting like your hole is some kind of private mecca... some guy like me from scappoose might post the location and the info for ANYONE, not just locals to get permission, not to mention it would be a piece of cake to tresspass this spot- Good fishin

Reactions: lilsalmon, SturgeonSurgeon, colbypearson and 1 other person
S
SturgeonSurgeon
halibuthitman said:
I would caution about being cocky and acting like your hole is some kind of private mecca... some guy like me from scappoose might post the location and the info for ANYONE, not just locals to get permission, not to mention it would be a piece of cake to tresspass this spot- Good fishin

Wow halibut man I'm sorry to see that you got a little man complex. It's O.K. that you need to intimidate people on the internet to get your rocks off, because you feel so little in this world. The reason why it is O.K. is because the rest of us real fisherman and woman will just ignore your last comment. You may go ahead and post the location.....but just so you know YOU DO NEED TO BE A LOCAL TO GO DOWN THERE, AND THEY DO PATROL IT! I have been stop 3 times down there and had to present my permit.

You talk about trespassing that spot......WOW what a real fisherman......RESPECTING OTHER PEOPLES PROPERTY ARN'T WE!
In closing I would just like to say when I posted this it was for fun but you people with nothing better to do had to pick it apart and twist it to be something that it was not. I hope you all feel great about that. To those of you that posted positive things sorry you had to be involed.

By the way HalibutSleazeMan sorry "hitman" get a life.

Reactions: lilsalmon
T
TTFishon
I happen to like his post and even gave him a rep point which is rare for me. :D

Reactions: SturgeonSurgeon
S
SturgeonSurgeon
To each their own

C
colbypearson
TTFishon said:
If you want to keep it a secret then why would you post a pic on here? lol

no kiddin!

the hitman is racking the rep!

Last edited:
S
SturgeonSurgeon
I'll give him some rep to......glad to see reputation on a web site means so much to you all when we all control it.....lmao hell REP FOR EVERYONE!

M
MMMFishey
Hey Sturgeon I'll give ya some rep. Everyday I log on I'll give you one.........lol

S
SturgeonSurgeon
Thanks fishey I'll give you one right now too.......lol and welcome to the site.

L
lilsalmon
I gave you BOTH rep....just because I like giving it out......now can we sing Kumbaya? hehe....i am bored...waiting for the pool to fill....

C
colbypearson
.......i found the spot LOL turns out the fishing is even better inside the pipe!!!

secret location.png

my apologies but i just couldnt hold that one back :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: ChezJfrey
B
Boo
Wow -- I'm very much accustomed to posters flaming each other over nothing on the boxing forum I frequent, but this is the first time I've seen that on here. How about we knock it off and get along here?

One thing I'm very curious about is that in the fishing hole in question I catch a lot of very nice fish in the 12-14 inch range. I've caught any number of 12 inchers that yielded a pair of really nice filets. I've caught several 14 inchers where one filet was enough to make a large portion for one person. I've NEVER caught anything any bigger than that in that spot. Considering the number of fish I catch there it seems like I would at least "get lucky" a time or two.

That is a very small slough. I'm thinking that maybe as soon as these fish hit a certain size they head out to the main river. Does that make sense?

As of right now even the 10 inchers are starting to get some girth. I'd never keep any that small, but I've noticed recently that these fish are growing really fast.

I like to use my 5' 6" light action rod. That way even the smallest ones are fun to play around with. Smallmouth bass are one of my very favorite fish to catch. I have a fish finder now, and I plan on doing some serious scouting between Gobel Landing and Scappoose bay. I know a bunch of spots that look like good smallmouth holes.

By the way, the state record is 7 pounds 14 ounces caught out of Henry Haag Lake.

T
the_intimidator03
larger fish tend to move deeper and stay deeper than the younger smaller fish. ocassionally they will move in shallow but they feel more "secure" deeper