I need help know where to go...

T
trojanman1
I want to drive up from San Diego and fish in Oregon for about a week. I am looking for help as to where I should go. I love trout and salmon fishing... I love getting in a small boat and trolling or casting... I would like a place where I can go try different areas each day and either rent a boat or stream fish... I just have no idea where to begin looking. Any help is appreciated.

B
beaverfan
What time of year are you planning on coming up, and to what locations? Are you just going to Southern Oregon?

T
trojanman1
where will i be....?

where will i be....?

I am figuring south Oregon since it is closer to California.... But what's another two hour drive? Ill go anywhere.... Was thinking of coming up in June or July...

T
trojanman1
Southern Oregon

Southern Oregon

I should maybe give a bit more information... I really do enjoy lake fishing... been fishing lakes in Maine for 20 years, but really can't travel all the way back east anymore very easily. I love to troll for fish ranging from 2lbs on up and have in the past fly-fished in streams, but it isn't my #1 choice... but as they say, "variety is the spice of life." I would just like to go an relax, go fishing at a few different places and maybe catch my morning or evening meal each day.

T
Throbbit _Shane
In southern Oregon the best lakes are, Applegate, Lost Creek, Hyatt, Howard Prarie, Diamond, Lake of the Woods, Fish Lake. about an hour north you got Galesville, Cooper Creek, and Ben Irving.