How much money needed to satisfy your fishing needs?

M
Markcanby
GDBrown said:
What I enjoy the most is being with the friends I have met through OFF and learning from them.

You still need to rest up for a while so we can hit the ponds up this winter.

B
Berg03
I would get a nice 12" pole for the ocean and about 2 more rods for lake/pond fishing. Then pretty much 1 fly pole of each wt :) 3wt would be fun at a lot of the local creeks i fish now. And a few more attachments for my pontoon boat, as i already have an electric motor for it :) so probably about 2.5k would get me what i want. And of course a lot of fly tie material.

C
capblack
$4000 for a 16 ft starcraft ss and $1000 for my wife to go shopping for a weekend while i fish,

G
GDBrown
capblack said:
$4000 for a 16 ft starcraft ss and $1000 for my wife to go shopping for a weekend while i fish,
:rolleyes::rolleyes:.......:clap::clap:......:shock::shock:

G
GDBrown
Markcanby said:
You still need to rest up for a while so we can hit the ponds up this winter.

You want to go Monday or Monday & Tuesday? :lol: :D

M
Markcanby
GDBrown said:
You want to go Monday or Monday & Tuesday? :lol: :D

Oh now I get it!!!

If I buy the LBD then you wont have to bring a boat when we fish.

troutdude
troutdude
My answer is this:

Rods n' reels are to a guy...what shoes n' purses are to a lady...

you CAN'T ever have too many! 10-4?

Reactions: Drew9870
D
Drew9870
troutdude said:
My answer is this:

Rods n' reels are to a guy...what shoes n' purses are to a lady...

you CAN'T ever have too many! 10-4?

Amen to that!!! :lol:

I'd need a lot, that's all I can really say, would need a Drift Boat, Alumaweld, and Bass Boat, gear and about 10+ rods for all applications of fishing for all the species we have, Carp, Salmon, Fly, and Saltwater gear would be the biggest investments.

Oh, and a room to store the gear in, with motion detectors + alarm :lol:.

G
GDBrown
Markcanby said:
Oh now I get it!!!

If I buy the LBD then you wont have to bring a boat when we fish.

Or I bring the "Lazy Drifter" and we get more people on the water!

M
mrlindeman
i would sell all my bait gear and hit he road with nothing but my fiance, a 6 wt fly rod and a spey rod. i would travel everywhere. ten grand is all i would need.

Reactions: eggs
troutdude
troutdude
Drew9870 said:
Oh, and a room to store the gear in, with motion detectors + alarm :lol:.

I can help you with that Drew: it's what I do for a living. ;)

D
Drew9870
:lol:

My room is a maze of fishing rods and reels, tackle boxes to be tripped on, and bait making supplies + 50lb bags of Egg Layer Feed + Whole Dried Poultry Corn (Maize), the bait stuff is for Carp of course, I'm a horder :lol:, the fly tying/camping room has a closet in which is full of a dozen+ more fishing rods + a ton of reels and about 8 more tackle boxes. My grandpa owns over 225 fishing rods + reels and probably 50+ tackles boxes crammed full, and a rather large display of antique lures, all of this tackle being mainly Bass and Panfish with a bit of Salmon, Ocean, and Trout gear, hording fishing tackle runs in my blood :lol:.

Reactions: eggs
L
lilsalmon
I just want an echo and new waders....you guys are WORSE than a woman and her shoes and purses....hehe :D

Reactions: OnTheFly
brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
I just want an echo and new waders....you guys are WORSE than a woman and her shoes and purses....hehe :D

:lol: im terrible, only once this year have i spent money on somthething other then fishing and camping stuff is when i bought a pack of socks LOL

F
Finneus Polebender
Will have to put three of everything in the ol shopping cart at tacklewarehouse an see what it tallys up too thinkin way more than ten grand . Then would come the hardest part clicking close rather than buy now !

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I'm thinking around $250K to get started. :think: That should be just about enough to buy some riverfront property with some cabins to rent out to other fisher folks. :D The boat rentals would have to wait a bit.

H
Herefishyfishy
Funny, I was just telling my wife yesterday that I wish I had a $1000 fishermans gift card!
New depth finder
Spinning rod and decent spinning reel
Load up on spinners, plugs, flashers, scents, line, swivels, hooks and floats and I would be a happy camper!

E
eggs
eggs said:
Jim.. I think if I sold your kidney, liver, and other item I could sell for transplants.. I would be able to buy enough stuff to be satisfied!

I take this back, parting you out to come up with a sum to fullfill my fishing dream isn't going to work, logistics dont work out...

I think I will just gather an "Occupy Ollalie" and be satisfied living there!

troutdude
troutdude
Brandon...at least your feet will be warm, as you put all of your gear to good use. And we can start a support group for your addiction.

Drew...when can we expect to see a shingle hung outside of your front door? ("Drew's Bait n' Tackle")

Eggs...I'm making my picket signs now!

Herefishy...you're not even addicted...yet!

Rose...you need a Sage.

Barb...I'd like to make a reservation.

brandon4455
brandon4455
well, add another 50 bucks or so to that, before taking off this morning i realized the graphite right in between the second to last guide on my 4wt was heavily damaged and snapped off on the second fish of the day i hooked, worst part was i didn't even land the fish that broke it :lol: was probably like 10 inches. luckily i have a rod to borrow for aaron mercer on tuesday and saturday have to wait like a week for a replacement.. i leave my rod out of it's tube for one day and look what happens!!! one a side note i got my wallet back LOL

Last edited: