How much money needed to satisfy your fishing needs?

O
OnTheFly
Think about it. Including all of your gear you own now, how much money would you need to fulfill your ultimate needs. Of course, everyone would want a brand new 20ft. fully equiped Duckworth or be able to travel anywhere on the planet to fish, but being realistic, what would your needs be if you had the money. I haven't given it a whole lot of thought but for me I'm thinking around 10 grand.

Reactions: Drew9870
S
Sinkline
$10,000 wouldn't even buy me a two week trip to Jurassic Lake!

That's to hard of a question to answer without lot's of figuring. :lol:

Randy

O
OnTheFly
Well if you narrow it down to gear only and not the cost of an around the globe trip then it gets cheaper.

B
beaverfan
Honestly to have all the tackle, rods and reels and everything else I could easily spend 10,000.00. 20,000.00 if I was buying Lamiglas. LOL

Reactions: Drew9870 and OnTheFly
M
Markcanby
I could finish my collection for about 6k.

N
n8r1
$20,000 for me. I want a drift boat as well as some misc stuff.

Reactions: Drew9870 and OnTheFly
C
chrisohm
With what I already have and no desire for a boat yet....just $10 dollars so I can have that Spider Man pole. Man those are fun to catch fish on! :lol:

O
OnTheFly
Markcanby said:
I could finish my collection for about 6k.
And that's only the amount needed for flies right Mark?

brandon4455
brandon4455
hmmm... 2 reels (one for each rod)a few extra spools with other lines on them 2 rods, 5 and 9wt. plus new waders and boots,my fly tying gear and all of my tippet and floatant/accessories and a float tube with fins. thats what i would buy if i had the money for it..i can only dream though right? put me at 10k or less easily maybe around 4-6k, i don't like to buy the highest end fancy stuff but one or two sage 99 rods would be nice :lol:

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
Brandon.....you need a car before anything.

brandon4455
brandon4455
OnTheFly said:

dad is buying me a car tax time, HA!

M
Markcanby
OnTheFly said:
And that's only the amount needed for flies right Mark?

No I want a 12' pram to take teh little girl out to teh pond in. I also need 2 more 6wt reels an a few more 6wt lines. So that would leave me with $4350.75 to spend on flies.

S
Sinkline
OnTheFly said:

He has a car..., she's named Rose. :lol:

Randy

E
eggs
Jim.. I think if I sold your kidney, liver, and other item I could sell for transplants.. I would be able to buy enough stuff to be satisfied!

Reactions: Drew9870 and brandon4455
L
lilsalmon
Sinkline said:

Randy

:lol::lol::lol: I know, right....I just drive. Feel like Rodney Dangerfield. JK, I love driving.

Reactions: brandon4455
M
markasd
$4281.77 will complete my purchases!! Ya right..

F
fishingfreak
I just got the 16' boat! UMMMM! 4k to fill it would be good! I don't think money can buy the experience I need to to take her on the Rivers so 4k would do!

G
GDBrown
Markcanby said:
No I want a 12' pram to take teh little girl out to teh pond in. I also need 2 more 6wt reels an a few more 6wt lines. So that would leave me with $4350.75 to spend on flies.

We need to talk!

Gene

G
GDBrown
How much is too much?

How much is too much?

I don't need any more money, I have enough to satisfy my needs. What I do need is endurance to fish for more than a few hours at a time. I already have three boats and a float tube that I hardly use and way too many rods and reels. Including what I keep here for the grandkids when they come I'm at about 15+ rods and reels of which I use four or five.

I'm scaling back to do more trout fishing in the future and spend less time chasing big fish that I never seem to get. I also have three rods that I am making from scratch or rebuilding including a nice bamboo rod with two tips. I just finished the winding jig and refinishing the LDB'r so I really think I spend more time in the garage with my fishing equipment that I do on the water.

What I enjoy the most is being with the friends I have met through OFF and learning from them.

brandon4455
brandon4455
Sinkline said:

Randy

:lol: thats a good 1 randy she's more of a friend then a driver though :)