How much money needed to satisfy your fishing needs?

O
OnTheFly
Think about it. Including all of your gear you own now, how much money would you need to fulfill your ultimate needs. Of course, everyone would want a brand new 20ft. fully equiped Duckworth or be able to travel anywhere on the planet to fish, but being realistic, what would your needs be if you had the money. I haven't given it a whole lot of thought but for me I'm thinking around 10 grand.

Reactions: Drew9870
$10,000 wouldn't even buy me a two week trip to Jurassic Lake!

That's to hard of a question to answer without lot's of figuring. :lol:

Randy

Well if you narrow it down to gear only and not the cost of an around the globe trip then it gets cheaper.

Honestly to have all the tackle, rods and reels and everything else I could easily spend 10,000.00. 20,000.00 if I was buying Lamiglas. LOL

Reactions: Drew9870 and OnTheFly
I could finish my collection for about 6k.

$20,000 for me. I want a drift boat as well as some misc stuff.

Reactions: Drew9870 and OnTheFly
With what I already have and no desire for a boat yet....just $10 dollars so I can have that Spider Man pole. Man those are fun to catch fish on! :lol:

Markcanby said:
I could finish my collection for about 6k.
And that's only the amount needed for flies right Mark?

hmmm... 2 reels (one for each rod)a few extra spools with other lines on them 2 rods, 5 and 9wt. plus new waders and boots,my fly tying gear and all of my tippet and floatant/accessories and a float tube with fins. thats what i would buy if i had the money for it..i can only dream though right? put me at 10k or less easily maybe around 4-6k, i don't like to buy the highest end fancy stuff but one or two sage 99 rods would be nice :lol:

Last edited:
Brandon.....you need a car before anything.

OnTheFly said:

dad is buying me a car tax time, HA!

OnTheFly said:
And that's only the amount needed for flies right Mark?

No I want a 12' pram to take teh little girl out to teh pond in. I also need 2 more 6wt reels an a few more 6wt lines. So that would leave me with $4350.75 to spend on flies.

OnTheFly said:

He has a car..., she's named Rose. :lol:

Randy

Jim.. I think if I sold your kidney, liver, and other item I could sell for transplants.. I would be able to buy enough stuff to be satisfied!

Reactions: Drew9870 and brandon4455
Sinkline said:

Randy

:lol::lol::lol: I know, right....I just drive. Feel like Rodney Dangerfield. JK, I love driving.

Reactions: brandon4455
$4281.77 will complete my purchases!! Ya right..

I just got the 16' boat! UMMMM! 4k to fill it would be good! I don't think money can buy the experience I need to to take her on the Rivers so 4k would do!

Markcanby said:
No I want a 12' pram to take teh little girl out to teh pond in. I also need 2 more 6wt reels an a few more 6wt lines. So that would leave me with $4350.75 to spend on flies.

We need to talk!

Gene

How much is too much?

How much is too much?

I don't need any more money, I have enough to satisfy my needs. What I do need is endurance to fish for more than a few hours at a time. I already have three boats and a float tube that I hardly use and way too many rods and reels. Including what I keep here for the grandkids when they come I'm at about 15+ rods and reels of which I use four or five.

I'm scaling back to do more trout fishing in the future and spend less time chasing big fish that I never seem to get. I also have three rods that I am making from scratch or rebuilding including a nice bamboo rod with two tips. I just finished the winding jig and refinishing the LDB'r so I really think I spend more time in the garage with my fishing equipment that I do on the water.

What I enjoy the most is being with the friends I have met through OFF and learning from them.

Sinkline said:

Randy

:lol: thats a good 1 randy she's more of a friend then a driver though :)