How about a "Nook" watch

K
Kodiak
qwapaw said:
It's suppose to rain this weekend. Maybe not a bunch, but will help at least bring the cutts in more. I need the Nooks to start coming next week to have them where I want to fish them in 3 weeks. I can fish lower, just not as much fun out in the open. Anybody able to tell me how far ahead I can Brine my Herring and have them still be good? Thanks, Dan

Sorry I missed that guys....If you cured your herring well they will be good in the brine for about 24hrs. They won't go "bad" just be a little tougher bait than you want. After fishing If I have herring left over and they have been kept cool (important) I freeze mine. I wrap them like little burritos individually in butcher paper (smooth side in) and put them in a zip lock and freeze them. Before you go out fishing again throw them back in the brine to freshen them up a bit. I've had them last almost 2 months cured in the freezer like that.

B
Bfishin
Kodiak said:
Sorry I missed that guys....If you cured your herring well they will be good in the brine for about 24hrs. They won't go "bad" just be a little tougher bait than you want. After fishing If I have herring left over and they have been kept cool (important) I freeze mine. I wrap them like little burritos individually in butcher paper (smooth side in) and put them in a zip lock and freeze them. Before you go out fishing again throw them back in the brine to freshen them up a bit. I've had them last almost 2 months cured in the freezer like that.

Thankyou for the advice my friend. I'm stoked for this weekend. Hopefully I get into a big fall runner and have some pics to post!

T
Thuggin4Life
you don't need any more pics of nooks in my boat. next pic will have my hand on it and it will be a bit bigger than that springer i guided you into. lol. got that third pole holder placement figured out so we be money for sunday.

T
Thuggin4Life
you guys should subscribe to the guides forcast they email you a weekly fishing report for all of oregon and a bit of washington. where they are catching fish and with what. and you can check river levels. theguidesforcast.com its free but i think if you pay you get a better report.

Q
qwapaw
Just a note, I subsribed to the fishing guide forcast, but they don't cover the Siuslaw. So here is my report. A friend saw a couple of fish landed Wednesday in the Dairy Hole in the Siuslaw. I think some fish are staying in the river and there should be a few up stream and usually the Jacks go up first. I have caught Jacks when I was Blue Back fishing in early September at what we call the Jack Hole up above Mapleton. I admitt that we over 10 years ago, but I am up for giving it a try. High tide this week end is in early afternoon so the fishing should be good on the AM. Hope to see some of you there, We will be on the Siuslaw on Wednesday afternooon, Thursday morning for sure. Look for a red and black drift boat with a Merc on it and 2 goofy looking fishermen in it and that will be us. If we don't do well, we will go down to Winchester on Friday I think. I would like to leave the weekend to the folks that can't go on week days so we will come home Friday night or Sat. Morning. Best to all, Dan

T
Thuggin4Life
Are you a paid subscriber? I get one once a week I think they have mentioned the Siuslaw before. I started subscribing for the winter steelhead run on the Umpqua and sometimes they don't say anything about it.Will be on the Siuslaw Sunday.

Q
qwapaw
I haven't paid yet. They sent me the one they sent to paying subscribers to show me what I would be getting. The Siuslaw was not on there. I am not sure what to do now, This may be my only chance to ge this year. Hope you " HOOK A NOOK" on Sunday. Dan