Home made soft plastics

T
TTFishon
Anyone on here make their own soft plastics? I'm planning on making my own after Christmas. I'm just curious where you order your supplies from. I have a couple of sites I've been looking at but maybe someone on here might know a better one.

M
Mike123
Be nice to start making my own pink worms!

T
Troutier Bassier
Larry Dahlberg *spelling* Makes his own. He had a video on how to make them. I dunno where he gets his supplys from.

T
TTFishon
Mike123 said:
Be nice to start making my own pink worms!

I was thinking about that too. For some stupid reason the pink steelhead worms cost more.

A
a-mac
tackleunderground.com

I don't know much about soft plastics. I do know that you can melt down zoom and stuff in the microwave in a pyrex glass. You can also make molds from a variety of materials including rtv silicon and plaster of paris (POP). But check out the website. I'm strictly a hard bait builder (swimbaits and cranks) so I don't tap into the soft plastic thread much. There are also tutorials listed on the site that you can download to get you started. If you have a question someone will have an answer... those guys are geniuses

T
TTFishon
a-mac said:
tackleunderground.com

I don't know much about soft plastics. I do know that you can melt down zoom and stuff in the microwave in a pyrex glass. You can also make molds from a variety of materials including rtv silicon and plaster of paris (POP). But check out the website. I'm strictly a hard bait builder (swimbaits and cranks) so I don't tap into the soft plastic thread much. There are also tutorials listed on the site that you can download to get you started. If you have a question someone will have an answer... those guys are geniuses

Cool. I'll check them out. Thanks.